Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction scofield. 30 bucks?! That's what I'm talkin about! On the way to the store as I type.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A CLF bulb (the twisty one above) is done is true wattage and equivalent wattage. You can put a true 40w CLF which would be equivalent to a 100w (give or take) in that lamp and be ok, it would also be a lot cooler as well. I have found CLF not only save energy but run cooler which means they dry your paints out less as well.

I recommend buying a normal lamp from your local shop and buying a OTTLITE bulb to go in it. They are pricey (I think mine was $15ish) but when you toss it in a 20 dollar lamp (which is a pretty nice lamp) you get an OTTLITE for 30-35, it is what I did.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yah I got one of those 15 buck bulbs, it's like the sun is at my desk whenever I turn it on. :p Mine is in a 5 dollar lamp from Target.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yep, it's like you put a normal 40W bulb in there, the reason the less wattage ones put more light out is because of how well they work. Putting a 40W CFL in there is like putting a normal 40W bulb in terms of power draw, it just puts out more light.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts