Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if every Chaos player does this at some point but I would like to play using a mixed Chaos God list. Still newish to 40k and finding my feet but like the thought of using the benefits of all Chaos Gods in one list without it becoming too long winded or crazy. Definitely doesn't need to be competitive and can use absolutely anything from the main codex or BL or Crimson. Aiming for any points but say 4k max and can use double FOC. Aegis and a Bastion too but only one Drake.

Any thoughts on combinations?

Probably only face Dark Angels with it but don't let that put you off throwing some ideas down.

Anything appreciated, even down to the odd tactic.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I too have felt this urge. Although, my designs consists of Nurgle/Slaanesh Marines with Khorne/Tzeentch daemon allies. I feel like you'd need a fairly large battle to incorporate all 4 gods in 1 list. My Ideas would be something along the lines of:

Sorcerer of Tz and a Lord of Nurgle, because lets be honest, you want your core troops to be resilient and nothing is more resilient than 1k Sons and Plague Marines. You can use small squads of noise marines with blast masters (5 man with 1 BM) and some squads of CSM marked with khorne and an icon (its the same as a zerker but cheaper :grin:)

If you're doing a 2k game you could have a Lord of each mark (K, N, S) and a sorcerer with Tz then you can have all 4 cult troops as well.... troops. But thats a lot of points right there, and you're looking at only 1 squad of each cult, then buffering out the rest with whatever you feel.

Like I said, it seems to me you'd have to play a pretty large game to have a decent size 4 God list, but thats just my thoughts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you're going to me mixing all the cults you'll want to be using the strengths of each.

Plague marines are incredibly hard to kill and are the best CC unit in the codex. You're going to want these acting as troops as they'll own an objective. You'll never need more than 7 or 8 in a unit. My preferred setup is 2 plasma or melta and a power fist. Give them a barebones Rhino as well to usher them towards the enemy. Nurgle is often regarded as the best mark to give to spawn and bikers, and mandatory on Obliterators to prevent getting doubled out by S8.

Noise Marines bring immobile weaponry at a pretty hefty cost. A large squad of sonic blasters will lock down a section of the table from infantry. 5 man squads with a blastmaster are an economical way to drop some potent ignores cover fire. The icon of excess is boss, although it's so expensive you want to avoid it on anything but large squads of bikes and marines. Slaanesh bikes stand up to nurgle pretty well, especially when you get feel no pain on your lord.

I've never used Thousand Sons, but the mark is useful on terminators as their biggest fear is high AP weaponry. Or is it mass lasguns, in which case you want nurgle? It's a tough choice if you're running large units. At the minimum 3, don't bother with marks, just accept them as a non-scoring suicide unit.

And then there are Berzekers... It's a sad story, they're terrible. But thankfully the mark isn't totally useless. It gives access to the best wargear in the vanilla codex: juggernaught and the axe of blinding fury. This lord can clean up. Otherwise the only other use I've found is to confer counter-attack onto a squad with a khorne marked lord. Not bad for a mob of cultists.

Good luck.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've never used Plague Marines so I think I will try those next. Always wounding on a 4 with the plague knife must be good when attacked high toughness opponents. Never tried Thousand Sons either so will give them a whirl too.

I've had plenty of experience with Berzerkers but not used them for a while and only just started using Noise Marines and I must say they are my favourite.

So the idea may be to send the Berzerkers and Plague Marines forward whilst the Noise Marines and Thousand Sons cover them with bullets.

I will probably use a couple of HQs depending on how I'm feeling then fill in the gaps with tanks and a drake. May even dust off the 40 cultists and give them a run out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts