Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am all new to 40k and has been playing fantasy for a couple of years. I'd like some of your opinions on these two lists. List 1 is my friends and the second list is mine. Comments and critiques on what can be improved and what should be added for 1,500 are appreciated.

HQ

Chaos Lord with Wings, Daemon Weapon and Melta Bombs. 155 points

TROOP

10 Chaos Space Marines with 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Autocannon and Icon of Chaos Glory. 185 points

10 Chaos Space Marines with 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Autocannon and Icon of Chaos Glory. 185 points

6 Summoned Lesser Daemons. 78 points

FAST ATTACK

6 Chaos Raptors with 2 Flamers. 130 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

Chaos Defiler. 150 points

Chaos Predator with Autocannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters and Havoc Launcher. 115 points

Totalt: 998 Points

List 2

Terminator Lord with Daemon Weapon + MoTZ - 160

Possesed Marines with MoTZ + Rhino -180 + 55

10 CSM + Plasma Gun, 1 Autocannon, Icon of Chaos glory, champion (Power weapon) - 215

9 CSM + Plasma Gun, Icon of Chaos glory, champion (Power weapon) - 190

8 Khorne Berserkers + Champion (meltabombs) - 188

totalt: 988

·
Registered
347 Posts
I like the first list.. Seems like a solid list. CSM sit back and own everything lol. Lesser Daemons will destroy at least one squad in cc.
Raptors and predator will own hordes
Defiler should take care of armour.
Your lord seems like a risky but good choice. Careful of that weapon though!

Your list seems to lack a bit of anti tank. The possessed can turn out to be great troops but are unreliable due to their abilities. Perhaps ditch the Berzerkers and the possessed to gain some anti-tank? Obliterators, havocs etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or I could go with this Lord setup.

Sorceror with Wings, Mark of Tzeentch and Bolt of Change - 175 points.

And remove Meltabombs on Khorne Champion to make a nice total point of 998.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I also like list 1 better. Maybe give your pred a twin-linked lascannon and your raptors 2 melta's instead because your list lacks ranged anti-tank and your raptors are now tank hunters and wont have problems moving about the battle field with their jetpacks.

Other things you could consider is making one CSM squad assulty and the other shooty. Trying to make both squads multi-task isnt really a good idea. The shooty squad is usually stationary, whilst the assulty squad will have a champ with a weapon upgrade and a rhino for added mobility to get into combat.

You could also give the defiler extra drednaught arms for free. If you loose the battle cannon, at least your defiler is still a combat beast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts