40-50 boyz
3 Killa kans
1 Deff Dread
5 Kommandos and Boss Snickrot

Wondering how i should play this please give any advice possible if you can

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Take two squads of 20 boyz each, stick the warboss in one of them, form any remaining boyz into a squad and use them as close support along with the Nobz. Mek sticks with the Lootas who are all long range-support whilst Deff Koptas outflank with snikrot and kommandos deep-striking from behind the enemy.

Make the Dredd and Kans shooty and use them for medium support. Alternatively place the warboss and some boyz in the battlewagon, nobz in the trukk and send them forward with the bikes. Stick the warphead with another boyz squad and then try and teleport them towards the enemy.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's too much of a battle force type army. You have some mech, some shooting, some walkers, but not enough of any particular element.

You can try Nobs in the Trukk and Boyz in the wagon with Lootas and Kanz in support, but you'll likely find that you just don't have enough dakka or vehicles to really threaten the enemy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would take drop the nobz with the warboss in the wagon.
Run the big mek with the lootas.
Take the Dredd as a troop and line him up with the kanz (all with rokkits) then run 2 units of 20 boyz behind them so they get a cover save.
Kommandos and Boss Snickrot out flank.
Now run the bikers with a nob or the koptas with a buzzsaw for some armour busting.
If you have any boyz left over run them in the trukk with a PK nob.

lol this list will not win any tournaments but it will get you started. If you need help getting a competitive list together PM me and I will send you some links that will get you on your way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's too much of a battle force type army. You have some mech, some shooting, some walkers, but not enough of any particular element.

You can try Nobs in the Trukk and Boyz in the wagon with Lootas and Kanz in support, but you'll likely find that you just don't have enough dakka or vehicles to really threaten the enemy.
actually i think that since the mek w/ a SAG that has an AP 2 will take a lot of attention

Also it is good to have a little bit of everything in case you go up against somebody who has lets say a Horde killing army then i am pretty sure you don't want to be horde and if he is a vehicle killing army you don't want all mek. So because of the fact that i have a mix means that my enemy also must make up for that and create a mixed army as well.

The truk and battle wagon are meant to be blown up so idc about what happens to them.

The kommandos will go into a building so they cant be shot at or in a forest for cover saves.

The army will go straight to cover so i can get the cover save.

i also have just enough dakka because an ork army doesnt need a lot of dakka they need to get up close and personal in order to fight.

·
Registered
648 Posts
SAG is AP2, but very unreliable.

Taking a balanced army is important, but taking a battleforce is not. You don't have enough mech to last, not enough horde to worry people and so on. All you end up doing is making target priority easy for your opponent. Knock out the mech, make you walk, laugh off what little shooting you have and go to work. All mech or all shooty is the best way to run Orks because it offers you the most reliable performance and options. Don't worry about one dimensional armies, their lack of flexibility takes care of any problems.

Throwaway units are ok, so long as they don't cost too much and don't hamper your plans. Without that mobility you'll be sorely pressed to ever get into assault.

Kommandoz like combat, hiding them in trees is a waste.

Cover is important, but if you don't have enough models or threats your opponent can easily destroy what few units cause him problems.

Orks like dakka and choppy, having enough of either is important. Orks do shooty quite well actually, just look at Lootas and Kanz.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SAG is AP2, but very unreliable.

Taking a balanced army is important, but taking a battleforce is not. You don't have enough mech to last, not enough horde to worry people and so on. All you end up doing is making target priority easy for your opponent. Knock out the mech, make you walk, laugh off what little shooting you have and go to work. All mech or all shooty is the best way to run Orks because it offers you the most reliable performance and options. Don't worry about one dimensional armies, their lack of flexibility takes care of any problems.

Throwaway units are ok, so long as they don't cost too much and don't hamper your plans. Without that mobility you'll be sorely pressed to ever get into assault.

Kommandoz like combat, hiding them in trees is a waste.

Cover is important, but if you don't have enough models or threats your opponent can easily destroy what few units cause him problems.

Orks like dakka and choppy, having enough of either is important. Orks do shooty quite well actually, just look at Lootas and Kanz.
the chances of rolling bad for a SAG is 2/9 and getting a big blast templet means it is hard to miss people

having 7 lootas with 2 more on the way is enough dakka for me

plus i can put the killa kans, big shootas for firing with a 3 bs, into forest or runes and get a 4 plus cover save and if anyone tries to get close i can chop them up with a dreadknot claw

the deff dread becomes a troop choice because of the big mek and so it can capture points

The battle wagon can carry people safe cross the battle feild

the deffcoptas can come in from behind in groups of three and each have one buzzsaw per unit causing choas in the back so they have to focus on them for atleast 2 turns

the nobz can clobber up everything while also being a troop choice and so they can grab points

The truk 12 people and see if it can crash into anything

the kommandos move through cover and then if posistioned correctly i can still have 50 per in cover giving me a coversave after i annilate a squad

plus everyone knows that orks are inexpensive so i am ok throwing away some boyz in a battle but i am not for sacrificing lives for the sake of it

thus if someone can actually led orks well they can even be a deadly enemy to any army so all in all any army list is a good as the person who leds it.

·
4,491 Posts
the chances of rolling bad for a SAG is 2/9 and getting a big blast templet means it is hard to miss people
If it works, go for it.

having 7 lootas with 2 more on the way is enough dakka for me
Better off having more of them. I like to run at least a dozen in an army, preferably more.

plus i can put the killa kans, big shootas for firing with a 3 bs, into forest or runes and get a 4 plus cover save and if anyone tries to get close i can chop them up with a dreadknot claw
Better off putting Rokkits on them.

the deff dread becomes a troop choice because of the big mek and so it can capture points
Wrong. Models with an AV can NEVER capture objectives, even if they are taken as a troop choice.

The battle wagon can carry people safe cross the battle feild
No it cant. The only way they can be anything even CLOSE to safe is when you run at least 4 of them, and include a Big Mek with a KFF.

the deffcoptas can come in from behind in groups of three and each have one buzzsaw per unit causing choas in the back so they have to focus on them for atleast 2 turns
Never really been a fan of them.

the nobz can clobber up everything while also being a troop choice and so they can grab points
Make sure to give them different wargear. And they aren't as invincible as you think.

The truk 12 people and see if it can crash into anything
This unit will fail with the models that you have. Waste of ~150 points unless you get more vehicles and a KFF.

the kommandos move through cover and then if posistioned correctly i can still have 50 per in cover giving me a coversave after i annilate a squad
Dont always count on cover.

plus everyone knows that orks are inexpensive so i am ok throwing away some boyz in a battle but i am not for sacrificing lives for the sake of it
Only make sacrifices if it will help your strategy.

thus if someone can actually led orks well they can even be a deadly enemy to any army so all in all any army list is a good as the person who leds it.
Both the list and the player are important aspects. You need both.
My replies are above.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My replies are above.
i agree with a majority of everything above

the kommandos need to be used better it is not smart to play them too cautiously

The truk is meant to get my nobz into cover fast and they are all given different equipment

the BW is meant to carry 19 boyz and a nob with bp and pk

i am also getting more lootas so i can run about 10-12 squad of them

the cover thing can be by putting the walkers infront of the boyz squad so that they are out of sight

I am wondering about that deff dread part though since in the orc booklet it states that a big mek can take one deff dread as a troop choice and since it is a troop choice it can then take points is that correct if not can you please put a summary of the correction and a page number inside the small handbook rule book

also this is just a little off topic but what does fast mean to a vehicle movement wise or anything if that.

·
4,491 Posts
All your questions are in the rulebook.

Yes Deff Dreads can be taken as troops, but they cant capture points.
Look in the "Scoring Units" section under the heading "Select a Mission" on page 90.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts