Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered 2 squads if sanguinary guard from the web store and they've arrived.
I got them out of their boxes to inspect the sprues but one of them has only 4 bases- ive turned both boxes upside down and the box they came in- 9 bases total, the other one has 5, it's fine.
I'm only annoyed because they use the slightly larger bases it seem (what exact size I don't know) which I don't have any spares of.
So do I...
1. Ring up customer support and explain, hopefully get a base sent to me
2. Pop into local gw store (30mins drive ish) on the weekend and hopefully walk out with a base
3. Use a spare smaller base and just have some guy walking around with small lady feet
4. Scavenge an unused squad for their small bases to trick out the whole unit with smaller lady feet, so it looks less wierd
5. Curl up into the foetal position and die

Neither option is great for obvious reasons
I've had the fortune of never having had to deal with GWs customer services so is it any good? Will I get the problem fixed or just get called a scammer or some shit?

Edit: all the bits are on the sprues and bases in bags still, I'll keep the offending box like this for assurance sake
Is it safe to crack on with the 5 good ones?

Is it 150% safe to build the 4 I can, maybe even the 5th and just leave him baseless until it's sorted?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would pop into your local store if you bought it there, with everything still in the frames and boxed, show it to them and ask them how they will solve it.
I ordered them online, still have the order confirmation receit sheet thingy that comes in the box though.

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
I ordered them online, still have the order confirmation receit sheet thingy that comes in the box though.
in that case I'd call customer service, make sure you have the receit sheet and ordernumber handy, chances are they will send you a whole new box of the unit (dont quote me on it) or just an extra base, send to your adress.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I get a whole new box it'd be a miracle :biggrin:
Is expect they'd just send a packet of bases or whatever over though
I'll give them a call when I can then
*fingers crossed*

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I emailed them when my Slann came with two right arms of the palanquin instead of a right and a left, they were pretty good about it and just asked me to send mine back in the box and they sent me a new one which arrived quickly.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
just use a nickel, there almost literally the same size as a standard 25mm base.

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
just use a nickel, there almost literally the same size as a standard 25mm base.
people do that o-o? fairly smart solution tbh. my OCD would never allow me to use it tho xD.

on another note, pursuing a solution for an incomplete product with either, the people that sold it or the creators of the product, is something I would always advice.

on that note, what where the results Kiro o-o ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts