Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay there is a tournament in my local GW in a couple of days and here is my 1000 points list;

Heroes - 230
Chaos Sorcerer: Argonoch Soul Seeker 230
- lvl 2
- Mark of tzeentch
- Disc of Tzeentch
- Talisman of Endurance
- Spell Familiar
- Enchanted Shield
- Bloodcurdling Roar

Core - 387
15 Chaos Warriors 252
- Shields
- Standard Bearer

5 Warhounds 30

5 Warhounds 30

5 Marauder Horsemen 75
- Flails

Special - 231
3 Dragon Ogers 231
- Great Weapons

Rare - 150
Chaos Warshrine 150
- Mark of Tzeentch

Total - 998pts

I'm just thinking as to weather keep the dragon ogers, or take 10 chosen with halberds command and favour of the gods. In a fight, the chosen beat the Dragon Ogers, but if my opponent has any chariots or big monsters the Dragon Ogers would be very effective also. So what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would keep the ogres, at 1k very little can be done to harm or get rid of them before they rip some stuff apart. This army looks a little small even for WoC, but if it works for you. Be careful with your deployment with only one block and one cavalry unit you run a high risk of being outmanoevered.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it is small, but out maneuvering isnt too much of a problem. Warriors with the shrine on one flank and the ogers and horsemen on the others, wolves for screen and sorcerer will go wherever there is less of a risk of being charged, he might have a 1+ armour and 4+ ward but thats only there to protect him from shooting, and if the enemy has warmachines he'll be the one for taking them out. Hoping though for treason and probably transmorgification if its a low ld army, and pandemonium if it has wizards.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was under the impression that mages could take no armour at all, and seeing how's sheilds are at least under the magical armour section then i would say no magic shield for them either.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Chaos Warrior mages are the exception, they are just as well armoured as our non-caster heroes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, chaos sorcerers can go toe to toe with any normal hero, as can a warrior champion, mine took out an orc warboss on a boar once in a challenge, granted he did have poisoned attacks and a 5+ regen save from festus, but still

1 - 7 of 7 Posts