Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, me and a friend are having a discussion about how Mindworm would cripple Abbadon in one turn, whereas I'm not so sure...

Basically the argument is, Mindworm affects a model with a leadership value, meaning he has to take a leadership test, but what about on Fearless models like Abbadon? Would the fearless rule simply override and mean he passes?

Cheers,
MC

·
Registered
494 Posts
now, if i can remember correctly, i think fearless only works on morale checks or leadership checks. maybe both, too tired to check right now.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
OK, me and a friend are having a discussion about how Mindworm would cripple Abbadon in one turn, whereas I'm not so sure...

Basically the argument is, Mindworm affects a model with a leadership value, meaning he has to take a leadership test, but what about on Fearless models like Abbadon? Would the fearless rule simply override and mean he passes?

Cheers,
MC
It would cause a moral check at -1 ld; however, fearless units automatically pass all moral checks. So, it does nothing except wounds.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Mind Worm does indeed have the possibility of making Abaddon gibble like a Servitor.

Fearless works in regards to Morale and Pinning. Not Leadership tests, which Mind Worm is.

To prove an example, a Daemon Prince will never fall back but would still need to take a leadership test to cast Warptime.

However, Abaddon does not think rationally, therefore he is unaffected! (Those reading the entry of Mind Worm will get that joke ;) )

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Fearless works in regards to Morale and Pinning. Not Leadership tests, which Mind Worm is.
It is a moral test.

Quote:

*If an enemy unit suffers one or more casualties because of a devourer and is required to take a Morale check at the end of the phase, it suffers a -1 to its Leadership.

I am not sure if you would play Abaddon as an IC in a group, but if he is by himself, he would have to die to take the test. Bit pointless.

However, if he is in a group, it would have to be with non-fearless models. If this is true, once you kill 25% of the models in the unit, the entire group would have to take a moral check at -1 Ld.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Wait a minute... am I being an idiot? What is a mindworm? I read that as Brainleech worms from the MC Devourer. I just checked the codex and couldn't find anything else that fits, but I just want to double check.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It is a moral test.

Quote:

*If an enemy unit suffers one or more casualties because of a devourer and is required to take a Morale check at the end of the phase, it suffers a -1 to its Leadership.

I am not sure if you would play Abaddon as an IC in a group, but if he is by himself, he would have to die to take the test. Bit pointless.

However, if he is in a group, it would have to be with non-fearless models. If this is true, once you kill 25% of the models in the unit, the entire group would have to take a moral check at -1 Ld.
Wait a minute... am I being an idiot? What is a mindworm? I read that as Brainleech worms from the MC Devourer. I just checked the codex and couldn't find anything else that fits, but I just want to double check.

Dark Angels psychic power :)

Mind Worm does indeed have the possibility of making Abaddon gibble like a Servitor.

To prove an example, a Daemon Prince will never fall back but would still need to take a leadership test to cast Warptime.

However, Abaddon does not think rationally, therefore he is unaffected! (Those reading the entry of Mind Worm will get that joke ;) )
Cheers buddy, explained it nicely :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is a moral test.

Quote:

Funny how that works? An all-powerful terror of the galaxy hangs out with generic chaos marines and if three of them dies, and they get scared enough THEY PICK UP ABADDON AND RUN AWAY. By sheer weight alone you'd think this was impossible!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Yeah, and Dantes scary looking mask causes Abbaddon to piss his Termie Pants with -1 Statistics. Or the Death Leaper wanted to cause Abbaddon to sweat cause it pointed him. Or Old Zogwort turning the chosen warmaster of Chaos, infuse with Chaos Power from ALL FOUR POWERS, into a Squig. WTF....

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Well it deals with a Leadership Test which Fearless doesn't affect. If it were a Morale test then Fearless would be immune regardless of the power's wording.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I find it odd that Independent Characters will gain the fearless rule if they join a fearless squad, and not the other way around. It's supposed to be the heroes leading their men, not the men inspiring the heroes!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I find it odd that Independent Characters will gain the fearless rule if they join a fearless squad, and not the other way around. It's supposed to be the heroes leading their men, not the men inspiring the heroes!
Well think about it, Mr. Normal man joins a unit of Mr. Silent and Mysterious men, and he pisses himself.
He can't really run away, can he? they're standing in the way, and he probably wants to be seen as not a pansy compared to his own troops.

Now Mr. Silent and Mysterious joins a unit of Mr. Normals, everyone but him pisses themselves, and he gets swept away in a wave of rushing bodies.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well think about it, Mr. Normal man joins a unit of Mr. Silent and Mysterious men, and he pisses himself.
He can't really run away, can he? they're standing in the way, and he probably wants to be seen as not a pansy compared to his own troops.

Now Mr. Silent and Mysterious joins a unit of Mr. Normals, everyone but him pisses themselves, and he gets swept away in a wave of rushing bodies.
hahahahaha:laugh::laugh: thats a good analogy! sums it up pretty well.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts