Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Milktray's Black Templars

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Lemmy1916 
#1 ·
Ok, so this is my first foray into 40k and so this is my first army full stop.
The reason why I chose Templars is easy, I loved the idea of marines crusading through space as sort of heraldic and devout nomads to their cause. So here it is, the beginnings of my army, no pictures just yet but they will be up as soon as possible!

As of now i have 7 initiates on the go, in varying stages of completion and as soon as they are done i'm planning on starting on a small batch of neophytes, thats if the mr doesn't kick me off the painting station fo finish off his WIP's :laugh:

I'll do my best to get photos up monday at the latest :victory:

#7 ·
Hey, where be the pics.....? :shok:

#9 ·
one question,were are the shoulder pads and the neophytes?i think thats their name not sure but from what i can see you got pure initiates .dont play bt so probably got the names mixed up.

#11 ·
one question,were are the shoulder pads and the neophytes?
Neophytes are indeed optional. I can reliably inform you that the shoulder pads are scattered across my desk.
Which I still can't get near, can I? :p

#10 · (Edited)
looking good so far, liking the gold trim on the chest emblem.

1 bit of imput would be to use a darker highlight, i also go for the extreme highlights or "tron" highlighting as some people call it but rather than go straight to white i go from codex grey then to fortress grey leaving some of the previous grey at the edges to "try" and get some sort of gradient from black to the highlight.

Also dont forget iconography. Little things like crusade markings make all the difference with BTs ther are so many to draw from and it gives a real sense of what the BT's are about seeing lots of different crusade badges in 1 army is a beautiful thing to behold. :p The raw power and magnitude that is the Black Templars :D

All in all though looking good..
@ Son of Azurman... yes your correct about neophytes but they are optional they dont have to be in the initiate squad if so choose not to.

#12 ·
I kind of like the "no shoulderpads" look, myself. Makes for a fun divergence from the norm and way to make your army look unique, looks more proportionally realistic than GW shouldercheese, etc. Still, it's all good if the pads are destined to be on.

Good start!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.