Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/28/justice/military-death-penalty/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

So after reading this article I found it interesting that the U.S military actually has Capital Offenders in it's prison system and that they are still alive; and not dead. It is interesting to note the "brotherhood" cited in the article, but as a military man myself I find this a typical Liberal approach.

As to why they are still alive is anyone's guess, but read and comment my friends. Why do you think these 5 men are still alive and kicking?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
You could just have a terrible but ironically serendipitous drone "accident" ?
Why waste the munitions, power, and time of the drone pilot? We could just rip a page out of the Chinese playbook on this one, and shoot them in the back of the head with a cheap soviet surplus round (or put a .22 in their mouth), and then bill their family for the cost of their stay at the facility and the cost of the bullet? Much cheaper, much less mess.

I've always been of the opinion that the system for executions is terribly flawed... people say it should be abolished because it's more expensive due to the appeals process to off somebody than it is to jail them indefinitely. Whatever happened to the good old days where if you were sentenced to death, they took you out back and left you swinging from a tree and everyone was done with it by the end of the day? We have a "beyond reasonable doubt" clause in convictions for a reason. If there's not a reasonable doubt, then let's take 'em out behind the toolshed and put 'em down. Hell, let's add child molesters, rapists, and terrorists to the list instead of just those who have been convicted of murder in the first.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
There was a lot that went on in the "good old days" that we don't do anymore. With good reason in every case.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Meh how about we just dig up the other threads on this and put the links here then close it. We have gone down this road many times and none of us have changed our stances on the matter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts