Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im heading back to Afghanistan and im hoping that with all the draw downs and outpost closures I actually get to stay on a Large Base this time. Anyone know of any clubs or players deployed? I know I will at BAF for at least a month, hopefully for my whole tour. Bringing some Chaos SM stuff let me know if anyone wants a game! Worse case I will just go and paint at the USO and maybe start my own group. Thanks!

·
Closet Dictator
3,431 Posts
Just pretend the taliban are false emperor worshipping puppets and thst you are Kharn the Betrayer sent to educate them! Thats what I did when I was there in '08, shouting "purge the xenos" in a contact can get you strange strange looks however! Anyways bound to be a closet 40k group over there, hope you get to stay in BAF and get fat and tanned, and if not stay low and move fast brother!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Best of luck old chap. My grandad did it all back in the twenties when Britain was the the worlds number one superpower!
Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat the mistakes. Lets hope your next posting isn't to the Russian Front

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Lmfao, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I once shouted "for the emperor" just before going in as first man on a compound red. Just popped into my head and I went with it haha.
I now have an image of an entire platoon of gamers.
"Men o' Yorkshur, does tha' want ti live frever!?"

·
Registered
102 Posts
In fact, when my grandad was first in India, he was in the West Yorks regt. Second time he was in the regiment. First time was in WWI.
He, like myself a cheery cockney chappie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts