Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can I have some opinions please.

I dislike the standard space marine Scouts and have a box of Scions laying around.

I'm not too sure about the size of the head or if they should have the back pack... This will be a sniper variant, may lose the back pack in favour of some home made cloaks....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cool conversion, this is a long shot but there may be smaller space marine heads out there. I know for my Catachan IG the Infantry Squads and Company Command squads have different head sizes, if I put a Head from the Company Command Sprue on a body from the Infantry Squad sprue they end up looking like Beetlejuice with a shrunken head.

Matching the weapon, throw a Bolt Gun or Sniper or Rocket on them (if available).

If you are using the cloaks in game often then maybe some cloaks as suggested above.

Other than that you can use a few paint tricks to make the body colors pop and the head dull color to help mask the size. Hope this helps or gives some ideas.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank for the replies

I can't think of any smaller heads, I have some scout bikers, I'll check those heads otherwise I'll make do with the ones they come with. They're stunning it's just I wanted to personalise them a bit, make them more space marine...y lol

I'll look at how the Cadian sniper rifles look on them, could be interesting, otherwise I'll stick longer barrels onto the guns they come with. Fallout 4 says thats all you have to do to make something a sniper rifle :p

I'll check out the ranger cloaks

Yeah I may have to resort to the standard helmets

They're going to sit on objectives at the back of the table so cloaks it will be. Maybe I'll put a helmet on the sergeant, I'll have to see what else appears.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look like I need to make an order from puppetswar!

I like the master chief helmets without the visors http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=473

The Cadian sniper rifles won't work because the arms look...week/unarmoured compared to the Scions. I'll just snip the power cables off the Scions lasguns, then they won't look like lasers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts