Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking about this with a few people at my LGS as to whether people think it'd be possible to make the Might Empires set into a LOTR map.

What does everyone think?

I personally don't see anything stopping it from working, sure enough some of the tiles wouldn't work and you'd probably need a fair amount of extra Mountain and Forest tiles but with these and perhaps some customised fortresses/buildings it could make a very interesting LOTR campaign board?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. The whole of Middle-earth would be tricky but you could easily do forests or the Shire/Rohan with the farmland tiles.

It'd probably be pretty easy to do an Amon-Hen based map, with the river tiles representing the river and grassy/forest tiles representing the rest of the area.

I'm tempted to buy a set and try it out myself :p

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems expensive for what it is but if you actually think about it it's not that bad. There's a hell of a lot more plastic in that box than there is in a Land Raider. It's just to most people, a Land Raider is much more use.

I might see if anybody else at my LGS is willing to put money into it, as I'm not that interested in doing this that I'd buy one or two for myself.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It would be a good little thing to run in a local club and amoungst friends, its well worth looking into it. I wouldnt ever buy a land raider, they are way over priced for some cheep shity plastic tank. A rhino however is just the right value.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see your point. I bought a few tanks in my time (a lot actually) but Games Workshop get away with it cheekily because people buy them based on how good they are in the game more than how worth it they are or how they look.

This is possibly why the Mighty Empires set doesn't sell as much because it's not as useful in games and isn't much use to the majority of gamers/hobbyists.

Anyway I'll have a look into this idea and post here if anything happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts