Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this may be a simple question but I was just wondering about the Might of Heroes Psychic power of the Space Marines' Librarians. It says they or any unit in their squad gains +D3 Attacks, now how is the D3 decided? do I roll a D6 and then divide by 2 and round up or down? I've little to no clues here.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
The easiest way to do d3 is 1, 2, 3 = 1, 2, 3, and 4, 5, 6 = 1, 2, 3

But the official method is to halve it (1 & 2 = 1, 3 & 4 = 2, 5 & 6 =3), but the first way is easier and more intuitive IMO

Just if you use a way other than the official, make sure everyone knows.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn't know that posting it was cool. I know GW is very protective of their Codices in rulebooks, so I didn't know if was OK to post that.

I just wanted to be clear that I didn't mean to be harsh when I gave you the page in the rulebook instead of explaining it!

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
There's a thing called fair use, which means we;re allowed to discuss, quote and cite rules.

The only things that are really against the rules are posting whole statlines and itemized points cost for units.

But citing the page number a rule is on is always a good thing, even if you go on to explain the rule, telling a person where to find it themselves is just as important.

·
Registered
538 Posts
So this may be a simple question but I was just wondering about the Might of Heroes Psychic power of the Space Marines' Librarians. It says they or any unit in their squad gains +D3 Attacks, now how is the D3 decided? do I roll a D6 and then divide by 2 and round up or down? I've little to no clues here.

FYI: they give themselves or 1 model in unit they are with +d3 attks.
In case you meant something different when saying any unit in their sqd.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Or you could just use a D6 with only 1,2 and 3 on the sides, like I have, which I believe is from a board game of some type.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I didn't know that posting it was cool. I know GW is very protective of their Codices in rulebooks, so I didn't know if was OK to post that.

I just wanted to be clear that I didn't mean to be harsh when I gave you the page in the rulebook instead of explaining it!
Considering that method of determining a D3 roll is used is quite a few different games, it's not really cool for GW to say they own it, or restrict anyone from explaining it online.
Now, if I was to ask you for the complete stats, points and rules of say, Mephiston, and you gave them to me, that would be a violation.
Explaining what a rule means or how it works in the game isn't, otherwise we wouldn't be allowed to help each other understand anything, and not many people would actually agree on how 40k is meant to be played.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts