Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly simple question, can the Mephrit dynasty ally with a standard crons list? I'm think as a proper allied detachment so that I can take some of the relics too.

Also can Vanilla crons use the Mephrit Dynasty detachment with Vanilla relics?

I couldn't find anything in Shield Of Baal Exterminatus so was wandering if anyone else knew anything? For instance I know in farsight it explicitly says you can ally with Tau, and the Marines can ally with themselves, so didn't know if Mephrit could too?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I would look at the Mephrit Dynasty like you would with the Crimson Slaughter and such expansions.

My first impression is to say no, that relics cannot be taken from the core Necron book if you are running the Mephrit Dynasty, and vice versa. However, as you said, nothing is specifically said in regards to this. But considering the Mephrit Dynasty has it's own set of Warlord traits and formations, I would say its different enough to not mix relics from the two.

Beyond that, they are both the Necron faction and do not say anything specific about treating other Necrons differently (unlike IA12). So I assume that they can ally together as BB

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
They are all the Necron Faction, so Allied Detachments can't be used, but they are all Battle Brothers. That said, the Decurion is its own detachment, and the Mephrit Dynasty also had it's own Detachment, right? So you don't need to use CAD or Allied if you don't want.

As for relics, in general those are keyed to the characters of a particular detachment. I think Iyanden worked otherwise, saying a character could use one or the other, but not both.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah okay, that's a shame as I was hoping to be able to ally in to the Decurion with Mephrit to then get access to inidivdual units liek stalker or barge . thanks for your help guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts