Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been taking a hiatus for a few months away from the game, i wasn't too impressed with the way 6th edition played but i still enjoy the modeling and painting aspects of the game so during the slower months i decided to start a new army. After considering a lot of options i decided on making a new guard army but it was also kinda of on a budget so liking the look of the new DV cultists i went with a Traitor Guard Army (using the IG codex) starting out with just a low point army and working my way up to about 1500-2000 points the blog probably wont be the fastest as i will be struggling for time and as im ordering most parts from overseas its going to take weeks just to get here after i have the concept for a model, i hope you enjoy reading as much as i enjoy making them. The color palette is still undecided but i was more looking toward black (blueish highlights) and red with brown on the leather bits, i will be attempting (at least) a few new painting techniques that i haven't tried before.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a few of the first minis i ordered arrived today and i played around with them (and my bits box) ill be making all of my troops and HQs from DV cultists this is what i have so far

company commander or primaris psyker if im feeling a bit kinky

priest with eviscerator (wasnt a fan of the oversized flamer)

sniper

melta vet

plasma vets

flamer vet

ammo carrier (for the autocannon teams)

the bases are only there to make sure they stand up, ill be using resin bases but i want to get them painted up before i base them so its plain black till then

more coming as they arrive :victory:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Nice simple changes have a massive effect on these. They are very good, the chaos theme is understated which I like instead of obnoxiously overdone symbols caking everything I'm interested in how your stuff will progress :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i decided on having a go at a different company commander and making the one i had a platoon commander i put his together with various sm scout and chaos parts, i kinda like the cloak on him (pay no attention to the paint it was a mini i got in a squad from ebay :laugh: )

secondly a chaos marbo with a scout pistol and knife and an sm meltabomb for the demo charge

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
30 more cultists arrived today finally starting to get something put together, now i have to wait for the bases so i can undercoat them and start painting

also my veteran sarg's with a basic head swap (the head it came with was terrible but its one of my favorite minis to come out of gw in a long long time)

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Painted up the first few bases i'm still waiting on the water effects to show up to finish them off with blood, i was thinking about highlighting the bones that were going to stick above the blood with abit more skull white but im not sure yet, ill get on painting up some guys in the meantime

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
That TANK! looks so cool, looking great as ever! looking forward to seeing some painted. keep it up mate!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Ah, somebody else using cultists as traitor guard and scrap-building an ADL for them!

Some neat conversions so far--I look forward to seeing how the army as a whole turns out.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I'll admit it needs a bit more plating before I'd feel it justifies the ability to give a 2+ save... but be that as it may, it certainly works.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll admit it needs a bit more plating before I'd feel it justifies the ability to give a 2+ save... but be that as it may, it certainly works.
ill get to the hobby store on wed as it isnt open mon/tue and pick up some plasticard to beef it up abit

in the meantime i needed a break from painting guys (been production lining them) so i put together a vendetta i decided i was going for a more plain look on them so there are no spikes (heresy!) i painted a few chaos symbols on it and did some weathering on the gears and back door

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
You did a VERY nice job on the Chaos symbol!

Edit: When I first looked at it I thought it came that way ...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts