Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

Iv managed to make quite a bit of headway on this project, and have finally got round to uploading some pictures of it.

I hope you like it :)

The original Face-plate.

Layout of all the componants

The chassis - Old ed. chaos rhino, with an extended width. Land Raider tracks (which i need to finish at some point...)

The first of the two Killkannons.

The face-plate, now joined together and mounted.

Main body. An extra layer of plasticard on front and sides, cut up jigsaw-style for armour plates.

First of two Kustum Mega Blastas. Not sure whether I like this, but nothing else has occoured to me yet... And its fully movable.

Back of body - Engine area. Im quite pleased with the tiled effect on the roof.

Second Killkannon. Still working on this - need to attack the barrel, add magnets, and strengthen the main bit.

The 'head' of the Dread, where the guns and face-plate will be attached. Note the magnets where the guns are joined. I want to make some CC arms as well...

Here it all is, precariously balanced (no glue).

And the KMBs arent the only movable part. The whole head and guns can turn a full 360°. Nowhere is safe!

Well, there it is:)

C&C most welcome, especially if you have any ideas about the KMBs!

Jakkie

·
Registered
82 Posts
It would be even cooler if you added more parts to eventually get to Gargant size or at least soopa doopa Stompa :laugh:, it does look promising indeed, what colours/clan design you painting it?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I don't think that is dread there boss. It looks a lot more like a gargant if you ask me. Still really cool looking can't wait to see this thing detailed out with more orky goodness.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I had a few problem with the size - Its closer to a stompa than a Mega Dread... But its not like im planning on using this against anyone outside my little gruop, so its cool :)

Its going to be an out and out Deathskulls Scheme. Probabaly less blue than my other vehicles but, since theyr all entirely blue, that shouldnt be a too hard :p. I was thinking of a boltgun metal drybrush over black primer, washed with Chesnut Ink, then various blues added to some of the pannels(sp) etc...

Its not entirely posable. The Head/Face/Guns are on a rotating 'neck', so the whole of that bit can turn a full 360°. Also, im trying to make the KMBs movable, although i may scrap that idea, since they look a bit flimsy at the moment...

Things like Riggers, Grot Sponsoons, and any other bit of random equipment i can find, will be added later, after painting. Makes it easier to get to those hard-to-reach places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts