Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the verdict on a Mega Boss taking Killsaws? By the wording, he can replace his Slugga/Choppa with Mega Armor/TL Shoota/PK. He can pull from the Melee list, but Killsaws arent on that list. So from what I see, the Warboss has zero ability to take even a single Saw, let alone two? But he COULD swap the Mega Armor's TL Shoot for Kombis?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
If a Warboss is in Mega Armour, he can take items from the wargear lists - Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Runts and Squigs, Orky Know-Wots, and Gifts Of Gork And Mork. As such, no, he cannot take a Kill Saw, but he can replace his Power Klaw with a Big Choppa (I'm not really sure why you would), his Twin-Linked Shoota with a Kombi-Weapon, or either of his weapons with Da Dead Shiny Shoota or Headwoppa's Killchoppa.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
As far as I can tell, the da Dead Shiney Shoota isn't a replacement of a current weapon, it's an artifact with a shooting profile. If you can point me to a place this is is contra-indicated, that would be very nice.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured that was going to be the case, just seems silly that a WARBOSS couldnt have full access to the armory.

And no, I wouldnt run a Big Choppa on a Mega Boss but I do run one on my Eavy Boss to take advantage of being the only Ini 4 Ork out there. A Lukky Stikk makes it a pretty silly combo.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
As far as I can tell, the da Dead Shiney Shoota isn't a replacement of a current weapon, it's an artifact with a shooting profile. If you can point me to a place this is is contra-indicated, that would be very nice.
Huh, yeah, you appear to be correct, the weapons don't replace your existing weapons.

Model would probably look awkward as balls unless you shoulder-mounted it though.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Nah, I use a Combi-Scorcha already on my Big Mek with the Shoota. It's already orky 'nuff for me, with barrels and nubbins. Shiney!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts