Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here is my Trygon.
Just finished painting him and would like to know what everyone thinks.
Sorry if the pics are crappy, i only have the camera on my phone at the moment.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Maybe try a bit of wet blending on his armour plates? Would give a smoother transition to the black, or maybe just do a few different mix ratios and add more layers.

Looking good though.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/242292.page

This is a pretty good tutorial on how to do it. It takes a bit of practice, but can turn out well. The other technique is layer blending, which takes more time, but tends to be a bit easier.
Personally i'd try layer blending first, large flat areas like the carapace are quite niceand simple to blend, but as you say it takes a while.

I'd start out on the smaller sections and try about 7-8 layers, then you can see if you need more or less.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sweet man! Very vibrant. The bones could use some more highlights, however, because it looks kinda bland in contrast to the carapace.

I'd like to see an army pic when you get one! +rep

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice job man, apart from what people have said already, try drybrushing some yellowy brown colours on his teeth. I mean, he's a Trygon, he's not exactly gonna floss 'em, right? Other than that, great job.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
im not an expert just passing here :p but I like it its nicely colored and good looking and whell ahem... big :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts