Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/242292.page

This is a pretty good tutorial on how to do it. It takes a bit of practice, but can turn out well. The other technique is layer blending, which takes more time, but tends to be a bit easier.
Personally i'd try layer blending first, large flat areas like the carapace are quite niceand simple to blend, but as you say it takes a while.

I'd start out on the smaller sections and try about 7-8 layers, then you can see if you need more or less.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sweet man! Very vibrant. The bones could use some more highlights, however, because it looks kinda bland in contrast to the carapace.

I'd like to see an army pic when you get one! +rep

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice job man, apart from what people have said already, try drybrushing some yellowy brown colours on his teeth. I mean, he's a Trygon, he's not exactly gonna floss 'em, right? Other than that, great job.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet paint job, looks really cool. That is an excellent looking paint rack as well. Did you make it yourself?
The paint rack is from a company called miniature scenery. They do all sorts of scenery and paint station type things with mdf. www.miniaturescenery.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.