Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Meduson focuses on the "Shattered Legions" of the Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard in the aftermath of the Isstvan atrocity."

So Black Library announced this and I could only imagine how frustrated some of you might be with another Shatter Legions-story.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
This appears to be the long awaited shattered legions anthology fist mentioned at least a couple of years ago. I don't mind the stories being about the Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Salamaderers. As long as Nick Kyme is not writing any of the stories I'm fine. Dan Abnett is writing one so will be interesting to read his take on one of the aforementioned legions.

I hope it's not a novella sized book as well.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
MOTHER FUCKER!

From the other fucking thread.

Yeah I'm getting really tired of all the Shattered Legion novels. To date the three decimated Legions seem to have contributed more to the fight against the traitors than anyone else.

Blood Angels - Ambushed at Signus, jumped to Ultramar. Fuck all since.
Space Wolves - Burning of Prospero, not actually part of the Heresy at that point technically. Ambushed by the Alpha Legion, escaped to Terra. Fuck all since.
White Scare - Stuck at Chondax, pushed past Alpha Legion and went to Prospero. Promptly ambushed by the Death Guard - Sensing a fucking pattern here aren't we? - made for Terra. Small bands of the 'traitor' White Scars sent out by the Khan, but the Legions and Primarch? Fuck all since.
Imperial Fists - Stuck on Terra, but we'll forgive this one as that's their deal. Went to the Phall system though and a brief trip to Mars. Fuck all since.
Ultramarines - Ambushed (AGAIN with the ambushes) by the World Eaters and Word Bearers. Stuck in Ultramar, fuck all contribution to the Heresy by merit of being stuck.

Dark Angels - The only other loyalist Legion not at Istvaan V to be doing stuff, fought a long crusade in the Thramas system. The Lion went to Ultramar to get the Ultramarines into the fight (promptly stuck though I guess), a large portion of his Legion continuing to fight the traitors under the command of Corswain.

The 'Shattered' Legion on the other hand.
Corax and the Raven Guard are trolling the traitors everywhere they go.
The Salamanders and Iron Hands seem to be just about everywhere causing problems for the traitors wherever they go.

Seriously. What the fuck. Fuck off with the Shattered Legions and actually get the full strength loyalists into the god damned fight already.
FUCK OFF SHATTERED LEGIONS!!!!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Considering what happens in the Seventh Serpent, I think theres dire shennanigans afoot involving Shadrack Meduson.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More about the shattered legions!!!! I so fucking excited!

:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:
More or less my thought as well!:so_happy:

MOTHER FUCKER!

From the other fucking thread.

FUCK OFF SHATTERED LEGIONS!!!!
I knew you would react like this at it, and I agree with you! We need a proper Blood Angels and Space Wolves-story. I'm only slightly into Scars and I like their involvement so far.

Considering what happens in the Seventh Serpent, I think theres dire shennanigans afoot involving Shadrack Meduson.
I've yet to read that story because fricking LE, but Meduson has appeared in other stories right?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
More or less my thought as well!:so_happy:

I knew you would react like this at it, and I agree with you! We need a proper Blood Angels and Space Wolves-story. I'm only slightly into Scars and I like their involvement so far.

I've yet to read that story because fricking LE, but Meduson has appeared in other stories right?
Meduson was implied to be the leader of the strikeforce assaulting Horus early in Vengeful Spirit. Even if he never appeared.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
So Black Library announced this and I could only imagine how frustrated some of you might be with another Shatter Legions-story.
More frustrated about not being able to buy it...

·
Registered
533 Posts
No wonder Horus used seven legions to tackle the Salamanders, Iron Hands and Raven Guard. If he hadn't they would have very quickly put down the rebellion, being (as we now know) the three most powerful legions. Who'd have thought that?

Yea... sick of hearing about them. It's not that I don't enjoy their stories but the fact those stories could be about other legions. I'm dying to read The Crimson King, Master of Mankind and a full length follow up to Legion if it ever happens. I could understand the Ultramarines getting all this attention because they are the poster boys of 40k, but it just seems odd focusing on the shattered legions... the shattered legions!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Meduson was implied to be the leader of the strikeforce assaulting Horus early in Vengeful Spirit. Even if he never appeared.
I found out he is one of the main-characters from Feat of Iron (which is a dreadful read and perhaps one of the reasons I didn't put him on my memory). He has a small cameo in Little Horus, I believe he appeared in 7th Serpent as well.

More frustrated about not being able to buy it...
Black Library fucking with it's customers once again. They are turning out to be a bigger troll than GW.

On another note, the front cover is a real killer. I really like it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Medusan has been confirmed as a full length anthology so it seems it is indeed the long awaited "shattered legions" anthology first mentioned years ago!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hrm, makes me wonder. Will it be brand new stories, or reprints of older stories from digital mondays? Several of the recent antologies have had recycled content.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts