Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Not impressed by the priests and robots. They really are poor when compared to the excellent skitarii. The robots look like they're from a very poor third party manufacturer. I think I'd definitely be going to FW for castellax models to use as counts-as.

Actually, the more I look at them the more I feel that they aren't just poor, they are pure shit. Very, very disappointing.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I don't know, I kinda like that walking wirbelwind.

·
Closet Dictator
3,429 Posts
I agree with @Khorne's Fist the robots at bottom right look very poor, in fact they look not much better than the original robot sculpts brought out by G.W back before my balls dropped!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'll probably get the priests and the servitors but the mech suit things look like bad Iron Man villains.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I will reserve judgment when I see something better than an unfolded piece of paper with tiny blurry photos on it.
Click the bar at the top of the pic. It makes the pic plenty big enough to to decide they're shit. And if it's blurry for you, maybe you need glasses, or a new prescription if you already wear them. It's a crystal clear pic.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
The robots are a very good representation of the original RT Castallax robot, might not be everyone's cup of tea but they are at least faithful to the original design, i really like those tracked servitors , i am shocked that they split the codex into two halves, but im glad they are fleshing the army out and quickly too!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
tracked servitors are going to represent perfectly my Dark Mekanicus renegade rapier laser battery. Awesome

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The more I look at those big robots, the more I think they look like Baymax

These new additions do seem to be rather bland compared to the Skitarii, but then again the Mechanicus has never been a stylish faction. This seems like a release that will elicit cries of excitement from whoever likes the Mechanicus and a resolute "meh" from most other folks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I quite like the look of this force myself, it does trigger the old "Rogue Trader vibe" in my head, especially those robots.
I have memories of drooling over WD articles on similar droids, back in the late 80's, they just looked brutal and could carry a huge amount of heavy weaponry too.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts