Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In prep for Adepticon I've a mechanicum 30K force to paint up and I'm looking for comments and critique of the scheme and its execution.

So here it is on my test bed Thallax:

The inspiration for the scheme was JCB (the plant machinery manufacturer) who's name will become part of the army badge.

The visor will be painted black gloss when finished.

Reactions: Blackwire

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good, but rather than acolour, what about a high gloss finish on the black (perhaps with a wash colour to tint it)?
The visor is having a high gloss finish (which is going to appear on all 12 robots in the army as well) or did you mean high gloss on the black that has also been drybrushed (arm joins, leg joints, feet etc.)?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
As an overall scheme i think it's decent. I do think it needs more texture and variety to be visually satisfying.

I don't know how "done" this is, but I would pick out the rivets and armour studs on both the yellow plates and the underlying metal skeleton. That could be with either metallic or just a little yellow/orange wash to shade around the rivets. The ones on the metal body I'd definitely use a brighter silver or a bronze.

I think (visor + rivets + decals + shading) = excellent

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As an overall scheme i think it's decent. I do think it needs more texture and variety to be visually satisfying.

I don't know how "done" this is, but I would pick out the rivets and armour studs on both the yellow plates and the underlying metal skeleton. That could be with either metallic or just a little yellow/orange wash to shade around the rivets. The ones on the metal body I'd definitely use a brighter silver or a bronze.

I think (visor + rivets + decals + shading) = excellent
Giving the rivets and studs a wash to make them pop a little sounds like a good plan, I'll give it a whirl. The production line is in full swing to do the other 8 Thallaxii (thats the plural right?) to bring them to the same point. Hopefully they will be done by the end of tonight.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers, they'd all be done by now if I'd not gone out for a quick pint on Saturday night.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick update, a family photo of the whole cohort.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got some Castelax done:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts