Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think it would be cool if there was a mechanicum army?
I mean the fact that everyone in it is half machine and doesn't believe in purity of human body like many of the other imperial army's means that there's alot of freedom in conversions and it would be interesting and they would definitely be a strong army theres alot of room for fluff as their search for new technology would take them all over the galaxy and into contact with all races , what do you think?

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
I'm rather surprised that Forge World hasn't come out with a Mechanicum or Tech-Guard army; Perhaps GW is working on something, as it's hard to believe that FW hasn't thought of the idea yet...

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
When I first came into the hobby, I fell into love with the Adeptus Mechanius, I wanted to make some huge army of Tech Priests, Servitors, Prototype vehicles and Tech Guard squads... Plz GW, give us the "Codex: Mechanium"!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
iv looked into this in the past and have a whole folder on my laptop of ideas an rules out there. There are even rules out there (unofficle) from jervis johnson that realy do look sweet an ant a million miles away from the present imp guard codex.If i think on il try and drag them out later.

i would buy a Mec army no doughts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I think a Mecha army would be really cool, but only if they were a unique army and not just a rebadged codex of lots of allied forces. They should use just the killer war machines they keep secret for their own use.

·
Registered
632 Posts
There is not enough of them to field an army, even if there was they wouldnt fight because they are to busy developing new weapons and such devices. But it would be cool if you could use a variety of different units from the Mechanican.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
There a millions of Mechanicus, and they have many planets that they rule completely. They can also make machines to do most of the fighting for them. Their weapons are the best and the most destructive, even more powerful than those the SMs have. Titan Legions... hmmmmmmm...

·
Registered
134 Posts
There called the iron hands chapter of space marines, look up there fluff, you just described them quite well. and iv'e already started them hahahahaahahahah...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
IMO AdMech armies would be well represented by the IG Codex, if you were able to take a fabricator lord of some kind you're able to take AdMech choices.

i wants an AdMech rule set, at least...

·
Registered
475 Posts
AdMech=awesomness on a huge level. When is the codex coming GW........

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Ironbrotherhood models from micro arts studios work well if you want to check the out.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Now is your chance GW! Make a Codex and get the money NOW when people are getting hyped by the idea of uber tanks!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Iron Hands actually sound like a Necron cult, like the ones that worship the Deceiver within the Adeptus Mechanicus.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Now this is a great idea.
The mechs have a huge array of combat units and an intire fleet of there own.
lol, they ,must of considered it. We have heard of combat prowess in the First soul drinkers bookthe decent of angles and mechanicum.
As for the fluff there would be loads and plenty of scenarios for them.

·
Registered
967 Posts
there are 2 armies I'll buy if they come avaiable. The first is plastic multi-part DH. The second is mechanicum, without a doubt.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol, One of the main reasons i went for DH is because there mostly metal.. pick em up of ebay cheap and then strip em.

But yeah a mech army.. ohhh gives me the shivers just thinking about it :D, it would be a must have to try out.

Ironbrotherhood models from micro arts studios work well if you want to check the out.
Hmm, i think there is already a large selection of tanks out there, may be they should stick with what they know about mech with there obsession with titans :D, Small scale titans running about the field would be nice or some of that forbidden tech from the vault on mars

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I think a Mechanicus army would be fantastic and would likely jump on the opportunity to play it myself. I'm doubtful that they'll come out with one anytime soon though because GW seems to be pushing the idea of huge, epic conflicts rather than the smaller battles. The Mechanicus would be great for the smaller battles, as I believe the quasi-official rules made by GW sometime back in 3rd edition showed. That list basically represented an Explorator force running into hostiles of some kind or another.

The problem with making the Mechanicus a force now is that they don't really fight battles of the same scale that the other 40K armies do by themselves. They tend to work alongside other Imperial organizations lending a hand here and there, or in some cases practically winning wars by deploying the Titan Legions. A Mechanicus Codex would be really wonky as it would have to include rules for allying in units from other Imperial armies or something which is something that GW is trying hard to move away from.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts