Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Howdy folks! Just trying to spread the word about my new game, Mechadrome.

Hundreds of years from now, the greatest sport the galaxy has ever known will explode on your screens as everyone watches their favorite teams of giant Mechs beating each other to scrap. Mechadrome is a "Mech Combat Gladiator Arena Skirmish Game" set in the far future where man and alien races have come together, forming teams that do battle in arenas set in abandoned, war-torn cities and industrial zones. The game is simple, fast and fun, and the Mech models we hope to create with this Kickstarter campaign offer a wide variety of customization. The pieces are universal and can easily be glued to any Mech for lethal combinations of cannons, pistols, missile pods, and devastating melee weapons like jackhammers, buzzsaws and siege drills.

Fore more info, please visit our Kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gangfightgames/mechadrome-heavy-metal-combat

Feel free to visit, and please help us out!

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We just received pictures of the new turret sculpts. We're going to be calling these "Arena Hazards". There will be 3 types. Fixed Hazards are stationary, they don't move but they have better targeting systems. Roving Hazards have tank treads, and Crawling Hazards are small walkers that are the fastest moving hazard (but still slow by Mech standards).

Some teams may add hazards to their roster to pressure their opponents or defend vital positions, but they are most often used by the Arena itself to add an extra level of difficulty (and get the crowds roaring). These hazards will attack any Mech, seeking & destroying the closest target, often denying the other team of valuable points. These automated hazards will activate at the beginning of each Game Turn, before any Mechs may be activated, and they will always attack the closest target.

Arena Hazards will be available in 15mm and 28mm. They will be packaged in pairs, both of the same type, including 2 bodies, 2 missile pods and 2 blaster turrets. 15mm scale hazards will be 2 for $8, and 28mm scale hazards will be 2 for $15. They will be added to the add-ons menu this evening, and you can visit our Kickstarter campaign page for more info!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gangfightgames/mechadrome-heavy-metal-combat

Here are the pictures! They look huge, but keep in mind these will be about half the size of a Light Mech.

Roving Hazards

Crawling Hazards

Fixed Hazards

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
nice! if you offered the hazards as a bit bigger (say stick em big enough to stick on 25mm base) you could get additional buys who want to proxy hi tech guard.

over all these all look very nice, shame i don't have a source of income, I'd be tempted let me tell you. ..

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I love Trion, and I'm tempted to back just for a few of him. I have a terrible head for spacial imagining, but he looks like he might be around the right size to be a Crisis Suit stand in. He has a very Tau meets Geth look.

Any chance of making a race of them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hazards will be in both 15mm scale and 28mm scale. So for 28mm, they will probably be on a 25 or 30mm base. They'll be shorter but wider than an average light mech.

We could do a whole race based on Trion. What I'm doing with the Free Agents is kind of using them to test out sculpts and different looks and see about making a full race based on the later on, after the first 4 races are done :)

I'm not sure how big a crisis suit is, but Trion will be 40mm tall, so I think he might work good maybe for a broadside?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
We could do a whole race based on Trion. What I'm doing with the Free Agents is kind of using them to test out sculpts and different looks and see about making a full race based on the later on, after the first 4 races are done :)

I'm not sure how big a crisis suit is, but Trion will be 40mm tall, so I think he might work good maybe for a broadside?

ooooh. That'd be cool. I actually sent a message on KS, not sure if you're the same guy. :) Those would look amazing for broadsides.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I rarely if ever have taken any of these Kickstarters seriously; mainly on the basis the models suck and the gameplay looks uncool.

However................this look legitimate. I'd love to see some Fluff, and if you have a link to where I may be able to purchase some of the miniatures I'll start investing right away. :) I'll have all the guys at my Gamestore hooked on this ASAP. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks :) Unfortunately though the minis aren't available yet, the Kickstarter is to fund the production and hopefully unlock new sculpts too. The painted pics that I have are just from a couple of samples that my caster sent me so I could check them out. I have to wait for the campaign to fund to get the production molds made and that's when the real fun begins!

But if you're interested in wild west skirmish games you can check out the minis from my first game, Blackwater Gulch :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with empoershand89. I could definitely back this! The game sounds fun and reminds me of Robot Jox (which I love!).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks :) feel free to jump in and also share the link with your friends :) I'm really hoping we can fund soon and get some stretch goals unlocked. Lots of cool mechs planned!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I pledged $120 and will share it on my lgs's Facebook!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome, thanks!

I'm in the process of updating the main campaign page with 3D renders of each squad loadout so it will hopefully be easier to follow :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did some updates to the campaign page that will hopefully make it easier to see what's included in a squad set. Since I'm getting the 3D prints for the medium mech in both sizes, I added the medium mechs to the add-ons menu, and also made a new pledge level for $70 for a squad of 2 28mm light mechs and 1 28mm medium.

Here are the 4 different human teams along with the squad payloads they favor :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts