(145) Wave serpent w/ TL bright lances & spirit stones

(60) 5 Dire avengers
(180) Falcon w/ EML, holo field & spirit stones

(160) Fire prism w/ Holo field & spirit stones
(160) Fire prism w/ Holo field & spirit stones

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
pretty nasty,though it goes against conventional logic to put Guardians in a Serpent.

for themed list, i would make goth squads of Guardians Storm Guardians with Warlocks; Destructor is not a bad choice for them, but since these will be a potential CC component, i would use Enhance instead, or Embolden. max out their number, go with 11 + Warlock and stick with flamers.

also, why not put your DA in another Serpent? you'll save points on the tank so you can do some changes, and you could use another set of TL BL.

lastly and i'm not against Holofields (recent trend/thinking is that they are a fail, but whatever), you may want to drop them in lieu of upgrading something or taking another unit.

you could spam Destructor to your Seer Council or depending what changes you take you could even take a War Walker squadron with Chin Cannons/SLs as a cheap nuisance, of course if you replace that Falcon with a Serpent.

good hunting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i don't understand the opposition to holo fields myself, i was beginning to think i was the only one who still liked them

·
Registered
632 Posts
This is what i would run for an Ulthwe force:

(210) Eldrad

(155) Yriel count as

(290) 10 Warlocks w/ 1 embolden, 1 enhance, 2 destructor
(110) Wave serpent w/ TL shuriken cannons & spirit stones

(80) 5 Fire dragons
(145) Falcon w/ EML, spirit stones

(140) 11 Storm guardians w/ 2 flamers, warlock w/ enhance
(125) Wave serpent w/ TL scatter lasers & spirit stones

(140) 11 Storm guardians w/ 2 flamers, warlock w/ enhance
(125) Wave serpent w/ TL scatter lasers & spirit stones

(120) 10 Storm guardians w/ warlock w/ enhance
(110) Wave serpent w/ TL shuriken cannon & spirit stones

(125) Fire prism w/ spirit stones
(125) Fire prism w/ spirit stones
If my maths is correct this is 2000pts spot on. If your going to take ulthwe it might aswell include maximum guardian squads. I gave the falcon to the Fire dragons and dropped all the holofields, whilst i like them, i do feel they are a little overpriced. I also replaced the unit of Dire avengers with another unit of storm guardians and warlock in a wave serpent. (5 Dire avengers is just not enough to do any damage). I think your list is good but needs some tweaks here and there.

Hope this list has helped you out, look forward to hearing how you get on. Happy gaming.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the point of the dire avengers unit was not to do damage rather to sit in the falcon to make it scoring and then used for endgame objective grabs, which is why it was the bare minimum becuase its the cheapest unit to make something scoring

and the problem with getting rid of the holofeilds in an army where the tanks are so important because they are the only really scray shooting element to the list is that without the holofeilds the tanks are literally three times as likely to be destroyed or wrecked which i feel makes taking holofeilds worth while because its getting 3 times the surviability and kp denile without having to pay for the extra tanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts