Predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Essentially? Line up, shoot stuff, get out on objectives, Libarians probably hide behind the tanks instead of in them to Prescience the Predators.

Midnight

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
With that much Mech you can really move a lot of stuff in a short space of time.

I'd be looking to sweep the APC's forward flat out to close in ASAP and use the Preds for overwatch (the "covering the advance kind" not the assault phase kind).

You could put one Libby with each troop of 3 Preads and then have one troop move while the other shoots. Give the libbies jump packs and they'll be able to keep up with the armour !

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This looks gooder, what chapter of Marines is this? Im guessing BA. Have you tried an ADL?
Flak Missiles = Dark Angels, but BA could do the list too (as could Space Wolves, all with their own tilt).

An ADL would be good, dunno what I'd drop and what I'd use the points for. Drop a Predator and it's not enough, drop a Tactical Squad and there's too much, although that could free up points for 2x Power Field Generators which'd be pretty neat.

Midnight

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Have you considered a land raider or two? I think the av14 would be a good spear tip and general all round annoying thing that refuses to die considering the trend towards more low strength weapons glancing vehicles to death rather than penetrating hits.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you considered a land raider or two? I think the av14 would be a good spear tip and general all round annoying thing that refuses to die considering the trend towards more low strength weapons glancing vehicles to death rather than penetrating hits.
I would, but I'd have to drop 2 Predators and a Razorback to do it and that rapidly starts to remove saturation. Also, the Land Raider is overpriced in a list such as this due to the complete lack of rock units to put in one.

Midnight

·
Registered
936 Posts
A wall of av13 like this will be hard to deal with, even in 6th. sure people can glance you to death, but with the abundance of plasma and the apparent lack of melta its going to take a while. Figure 9 plasma shots to glance it even once!

A defense line wouldnt be to bad, 4+ save for most vehicles for 50 points, although you would be fairly static then.

What are your thoughts of a pair of vindicators? you would have to drop an extra 25 points per tank but those pie plates would rain devistation and mess with the enemies target priorities.

Something to concider would be the Power Field Generator. move the librarian(s) with the generator behind your tanks, you should be able to target 5 tanks per generator easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts