Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking that I will win a local campaign. If I do win then I will get a large gift card to the store.

I'm thinking of investing my gift card into an Eldar army and wanted to know what everyone thinks. I own the codex and have used my pals army.

HQ - 180

Farseer - 180
-Eldar Jet Bike
-Spirit Stones
-Doom
-Guide
-Mind War

(I love the Farseer and am usually happy to see 1 used in game. I picked Doom and Guide for obvious reasons. I decided on Mind War to help deal with Independant characters and MC's. The Bike gives me speed.)

Elite - 291

Fire Dragons x 6 - 113
-Exarch w/Dragons Breath & Crack Shot

(I wanted the Exarch to give my Fire Dragons so that if need them to defend against assualty swarms that they will provide fast wounds)

Harlequin Troupe x 6 - 178
-Troupe Master w/Power Weapon
-Shadow Seer
-Harlequin Kiss x 5

(This seems to be a good set up. I wanted to fit in a troupe master for the 4 Str 4 Power Attacks on the charge to average more wounds.)

Troops - 288

Pathfinders x 6 - 144

(I love this model and really favor the tactical advantage that I have. Infiltration, Move through cover and pinning tests.)

Pathfinders x 6 - 144

Fast - 196
Warp spiders x 7 - 196
-Exarch w/Spinneret Rifle, Surprise Assualt, Withdraw

(I wanted to continue with a tactical advanate and have a unit that can deal with swarms, MEQ's and thanks to Surprise Assualt I can shoot vehicles from the rear fairly easy. I took withdraw so that I can get speed into and out of close combat so that when its more favorable to assualt for the purpose of avoiding the shooting phase that I had an option.)

Heavy - 545

Falcon - 200
-Shuriken Cannon
-Pulse Laser
-Scatter Laser
-Holo-fields
-Spirit Stones
-Vectored Engines

(Brings my Warriors to the front line and is geared to effect a wide array of units.)

Falcon - 200
-TL-Shuriken Catapults
-Pulse Laser
-Eldar Missle Launcher
-Holo-fields
-Spirit Stones
-Vectored Engines

(As above except I wanted some additional Anti-Vehicle support from a range if needed.)

Wraith Lord - 145
-Flamers x 2
-Star Cannon
-Eldar Missle Launcher

(Another model that I really like. I wanted to give my Wraith Lord some nice AP weapons to help bring down MEQ and MC's. I chose the flamers incase a swarm tries to bog me down.)

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Rearly good but, do not like Harlequins, use Howling Banshees cheaper.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Give the Wraithlord two anti-tank weapons, and keep Str6 weapons on your Falcons... for the time being, think about giving them Shuricannons as well.

The Pathfinders are awesome as are the Spiders, Harlies and Dragons... But I think you may be going a bit overboard on some of your wargear and powers. 180pts for a Farseer is a bit extreme. My Farseer is only 118pts on a Jetbike and does his job very well. If you were to trim some points off of a few characters, you'd end up with the points for a third troop unit, which I heartily recommend.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol I was just thinking of removing the Harlequin Troupe Master to find enough points for Edlrad. Is it not woth it and if so what would be a good configuration for an effective Farseer? Doom/Guide Stones and Foot Slogger?

He seems so bad ass though :)

I do see what you're saying about alot of upgrades I may try to revice some.

Now why do u recommend Stars on the Falcon and Anti-Tank on my Wraith Lord. The only reasons I see are that the Falcons are faster and more mauver friendly since the Wraith Lord will probably always be at range???

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
For Falcons, personally I like to give them Shuricannon upgrade, Scatter Laser, HField and Stones... 185pts. Nine shots into infantry or into vehicles and can kill anything. I don't really worry about upgrading them with Star or Vectored Engines, as I don't use them for transport, though my foes don't always know that, lol. Keeping all but one weapon Str6 or less allows the Falcon to fire ALL of its weapons if it moves 12" or less. This is the true strength of non-transport skimmers. The Wraithlord can fire 2 weapons on the move and be a threat at nearly any distance. An EML/BL combo is great for anti tank.

Eldrad is a better buy than any expensive Farseer. If you want the Uber-ness of casting all over the place, then Eldrad is your Xenos, lol.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
HQ - 123

Farseer - 123
-Singing Spear
-Jet Bike
-Rune of Warding
-Guide

Elite - 258

Fire Dragons x 6 - 96

Harlequin Troupe x 6 - 162
-Shadow Seer
-Harlequin Kiss x 6

Troops - 288

Pathfinders x 6 - 144

Pathfinders x 6 - 144

Fast - 264

Warp Spiders x 6 - 132

Warp Spiders x 6 - 132

Heavy - 565

Falcon - 205
-Scatter Laser
-Pulse Laser
-Shuriken Cannon
-Holo-fields
-Spirit Stones
-Vectored Engines

Falcon - 205
-Scatter Laser
-Pulse Laser
-Shuriken Cannon
-Holo-fields
-Spirit Stones
-Vectored Engines

Wraith Lord - 155
-Flamers x 2
-Bright Lance
-Eldar Missle Launcher

·
Registered
112 Posts
I didn't know you could have two special weapons in a guardian squad. Anyways, I think another unit of pathfinders would do alot more damage than the guardians.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bein gracias

I misread the entry I am like a kid with a new toy reading through the codex. Not having 2 Starcannons changes things ;(

Edited Post

·
Registered
280 Posts
The altered list is cool; but I would trim the Falcons a little to make room for WS Exarch's and DDS and maybe Withdraw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts