Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a log of what im doing to try and spur me on to get more than the 2 models I got done last year.

I have a pile of Orks, Orcs and Goblins and Skaven, some CSM And some AOBR and DV Marines.

Anyway earlier this week I was working on 9 Orks, 4 are finished just got to finish the weapons and metals of the other 5.

Anyway heres the first 4 :

Ive joined in on the Year long paint an army competition which I am going to go with O&G and either Orks or Skaven.

Anyway this morning I decided to have a go at working out what to go with for the Night Goblins skin.

Heres my progress so far :

Would very much appreciate any input on my painting, as I am long out of practice.

Havnt got a clue on what colours are normally used for the shield and emblem of Night Gobbos. So any ideas would be great, cheers!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi there

Firstly, your green skin method is fantastic, very realistic blending. I am also a fan of the rusty metal on the orks, and I think the red was a good choice as it it complements the green well.

The bad moon symbol on the night goblin shield is most commonly painted yellow, but you can't go wrong with red or white. I guess it is preference.

Keep it up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, I was thinking iyanden darksun along with Sunburst yellow for the moon, unfortunately I dont have bad moons yellow.

Honka, I have a tendency to drag things out when painting, but I guess 5-6 hours per boy, though thats mostly spent on the skin.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good stuff man, quite the retro green with it being so vibrant along side broad highlighting; I like! :grin:

Due to the skin being so well done, would be a shame to stop the miniature on a whole "popping" out a bit:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/140000?browseid=5269406

You could try backing the shield with a complimentary colour such as red or burgundy and add either a purple of blue glaze to the black fabric to give it that little bit more depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oInQ9POGlGo#!

Keep it up man!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Awfun, love those ones on CMON, are they yours?

Will have to try the cloth like the video, its alot nicer, I did fether grey to black on the robes but I ended up dulling it down a bit as it was looking a little too grey, and was a bit too time consuming for a whole army.

I will add colour to the shields, and look into just glazing the cloth, might give in and try GW's Azumen Blue glaze rather than mix up my own. If the blue looks good that is.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nah man not mine, just thought they were good reference material :giggle:

Your skin is great and carries a lot of the miniature's character, just subtle editions to the fabric and shield could give the whole model more credit.

Keep it up!

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
These are looking great! I'm always a fan of cleanly painted Orks... Seems like a lot of players go "Meh they're Orks" and use that as an excuse to be lazy with the painting these days... it's always awesome to see ones that have been done well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts