Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Painter in training
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up today in our battle today:

A mawlock terror did a Terror from the Deep under a hammerhead, rolled to Pen against the back armor of the hammerhead and got immobilized. Now with the rules of the Mawlock the model must be moved to allow the Mawlock to be placed where it DSed in and if the model is unable to move or goes into impassible terrain that model is removed from play instead (i.e. got squished to death).

The argument that happend after the hammerhead was moved was it got put over impassible terrain while it was immobilized. Would this just cause a dangerous terrain test as it does with skimmers (like half of us thought) or would it cause the insta-death(like the Nid and his partner thought would happen)?

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Skimmers landing in impassable terrain must take dangerous or become immobilised. In this case, being already immobilised, the vehicle would suffer weapon destroyed instead, assuming it fails the test.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Skimmers landing in impassable terrain must take dangerous or become immobilised. In this case, being already immobilised, the vehicle would suffer weapon destroyed instead, assuming it fails the test.
This.
The fact that it's already immobilised (and therefore not floating) doesn't prevent it from taking further damage while being moved around in terrain.

But, do you actually mean Impassable Terrain?
Because, Impassable is Impassable, how can you push it in there?

·
Painter in training
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But, do you actually mean Impassable Terrain?
Because, Impassable is Impassable, how can you push it in there?
This is where the agument started. Skimmers are allowed to land in impassible terrain but treat it as dangerous, the argument came does it actually get to "float" over the impassible terrain as it was a good 5" tall on the board and land there taking the dangerous terrain test, or does it smash into it and get taken off the board as a casualty for not being able to reposition after the mawlock Terrored it.

The ruleing for sake of continueing game play (read: rolled a die to end argument for the time being) was that it got smashed but that didn't seem right to half of us that were playing but we wanted to continue and just let it be.

Now granted if it did take the test and got a 1, a weapon destroyed is pretty much like wrecking it but at least there was a chance to not be wiped off.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
This is where the agument started. Skimmers are allowed to land in impassible terrain but treat it as dangerous, the argument came does it actually get to "float" over the impassible terrain as it was a good 5" tall on the board and land there taking the dangerous terrain test, or does it smash into it and get taken off the board as a casualty for not being able to reposition after the mawlock Terrored it.

The ruleing for sake of continueing game play (read: rolled a die to end argument for the time being) was that it got smashed but that didn't seem right to half of us that were playing but we wanted to continue and just let it be.

Now granted if it did take the test and got a 1, a weapon destroyed is pretty much like wrecking it but at least there was a chance to not be wiped off.
A Skimmer or flying model may move on top of Impassale Terrain as long as it can physically land there.
And the Marloc's rule states that you must move the model the shortest distance possible to clear the blast marker; moving up that distance is probably NOT the shortest distance possible.
You don't have to move directly away from the marker, just clear it as best possible.

·
Painter in training
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah see the Nid player didn't state that it could be moved any direction, just as long as it gets away from the blast template area. He was having us move directly backwards and if it hit something that they couldn't walk over he said they were insta-killed since they couldn't move out of the way. +rep

I need to punch him in the colon next time I see him. :threaten:

·
Painter in training
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, he is my room mate (or will be soon) and deserves a good colon punch every once and a while. I can see how he could of thought it would push right back and into walls the wording on some of GW's rules are a bit on the gray side.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
he is my room mate and deserves a good colon punch every once and a while.
For the sake of your sexuality and our sanity, NEVER utter this phrase again. :laugh:

Your Tyranid buddy really should read the rules a bit more (maybe he's too busy getting colon punched?). The Mawloc rules specifically say you avoid impassible terrain when moving models out of the way.

·
Painter in training
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I should of asked to read the rules but when a few of us are trying to prove the other wrong it can get a little heated and thinking about rational things at the moment kinda goes out the window. He probably glanced over that tid bit.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I should of asked to read the rules but when a few of us are trying to prove the other wrong it can get a little heated and thinking about rational things at the moment kinda goes out the window. He probably glanced over that tid bit.
Next time, before anyone starts arguing, read the relevant rule out loud :p
Often that solves the issue.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yep, when in doubt follow the instructions. Took me years to learn that. And here you get it handed to you on a silver platter. Ain't the interweb grand?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.