Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I need ideas for a Maulerfiend model(s) for my Purge army. Something suitably rotten but I think I want more of a robot than a daemon.
Been toying around with converting something out of Defilers.

Thank you in advance, heretics!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yeah I have seen a lot of necron conversions for a lot of things, Triarch stalker has a lot of potential. ALternatively how about a dreadknight? and rot it up a bit? It has plenty of weapons and you could replace the guy in the middle with like a deamon of something? A good way to make the smooth metal look a bit more corroded, stipple some liquid greenstuff on, it works quite nicelyand then using like the end of a brush you can rub away circles to make pock marks, and balls of greenstuff, cut in half for boils. That is what I have don on parts of my Terminator Lord, and I got the idea from a WD where they did it on a defiler so it scales up really well.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I was thinking something from the Orge kingdom range like the stonehorn would work just add a few 40K parts. I saw one that had defiler parts added.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
now that I think about it, how about a Skaven Hell Pit Abomination?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, so much cool ideas and inspiration! Got me thinking of turning Canoptek Spyders into Blight Drones and maybe even Wraiths into Spawn or bikers.. Hmm..

I'll see what I can do, thank you for the replies!

Ps. The stonehorn would never have occured to me - reminds of something from Star Wars IV-VI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts