Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been given some Masters of the Chapter, and was looking at putting them into a Marine force, and as I read I wondered...

Are the 4 Masters of the Chapter figures any use in a standard 40k Game? (i.e. not apoc, spearhead, etc).

I was thinking they could work as Chapter Master & Honor Guard, but apparently the wargear's all wrong for them, Workshop suggest use them as A Chapter Master or A Captain, But is using all 4 of them together redundant?

The best I've come up with is,

Master Of The Fleet = Company Captain Herald (5th Captian of IF as far as I can find out)
Master Of The Arsenal = Company Standard Bearer (Sword Replace with Flag)
Master Of The Watch = Company Champion
Master Of The Recruits = Command Squad Vet.

This still leaves me needing one more Vet and an Apoth,

Lying around I have a "Space Marine Veteran with Power Axe and Bolt Pistol" and A Space Marine Veteran in MK6 Armour. Perhaps one could be the other Vet and the other an Apoth?

Whats your thoughts Heretics?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've seen a guy use the Chapter Masters and converted them into an Honour Guard unit. It looked great.

I'll try and dig up the link for it.

Edit: I can't find it, but I remember seeing the Thunderhammer Master as the Apothecary. The box set is very good for using as an Honour Guard with a little conversion work.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
ill never use them honestly but i love the models (except i used helmeted head instead) and they have been very fun to paint

1 - 3 of 3 Posts