Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Master of the forges are probably best suited to a marine army with no close combat capabilities and relies on standing still and shooting all game. The conversion beamer is a good weapon although it can be varied in its strength. Just provide a pair of tac squads, a snipers scout unit, vindicator, whirlwind and possibly a standard land raider with terminators would suit him very well.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't think so. The way I fight is I have a row ov tanks in front. Behind I have my army so the tanks take all the damage. I keep a techmarine with servitors behind it so my techy doesn't really fight at all.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
depends on your army, if it suits your forces fluff and theme (like iron hands or salamanders) then they are a marvelous far superior choice to anything else, and thats the only point that really matters.

·
Registered
230 Posts
MotF works well in a couple of competitive builds but is often replaced with a Libby as of late. Any list running 6+ Dreads obviously requires a MotF but these have decreased in effectiveness as more and more Libby's work their way in. They aren't a bad choice but the requirement for anti-psy or a Captain on bike (for biker armies) puts them on the back burner unfortunately.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
If you want 6 dreads, not a bad plan to use one of those guys. I think its a pretty cheap option, I also think it can be more useful than a Libby or Chappy, not as good as a commander though.

He's pretty useful because you can take a set of servitors aswell so, you can mend vehicles, which I guess is the thing you need if you decide to take 6 dreads ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts