Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally stopped procrastinating and finished this chap. Overall i'm quite pleased with him, but he's a little bittersweet...i'm really pleased with some of the painting and conversion, and really not happy with some other bits. 'Tis all good practice though.

Let me know what you think!

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Actually looks pretty good, but I would've "bling-ed" the armour a bit more to show his status as the Master of the Salamander's forge- This guy could have armour to rival a chapter master. even a bit more gold trim, or freehand gold filagree here and there...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love it.

Did you highlight his red sections? It might just be hard to see in the photo, seeing as you highlighted the green and the flames on his fist!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Win. +rep.

I've been waiting for someone to do a MOTF w/CB on foot - 99% of people use a bike, and it's nice to see a change.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok..I see a Terminator Assault Cannon arm, HunterKiller missile piece..but what Dread Arm is that as the main body? It looks great! Big, bulky, and scary looking..just how a weapon that can turn you into a pile of sludge should be! +rep
Cheers :victory:

The rest of the beamer is a razorback turret lascannon, fairly carved up.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
He looked good before you painted. Now it is fantastic. If he pointed that thing at me i would run like a red ork.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Actually looks pretty good, but I would've "bling-ed" the armour a bit more to show his status as the Master of the Salamander's forge- This guy could have armour to rival a chapter master. even a bit more gold trim, or freehand gold filagree here and there...
See, I don't know about that - I would have reckoned that the MOTF would be more about practicality in his own armor designs, making the best use out of as little resources as possible, etc.

But whatever, shit happens.

·
Registered
601 Posts
He looks very nice. I always figured MOTF with big,bad guns!
The thing I notice though are the terminator legs, which I think is a little bit odd when placed below a normal marine-body... It looks a little off-scale, but it's just a very very minor point! great work!

·
Registered
246 Posts
"Mine is bigger" he said...well, it's a great work here.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
However, the mechadendrite looks too clunky for a Techmarine; it might look better with smaller more regular sections that do not have gaps.
Aye, it seemed like a good idea whilst building it, but when i put the first coat of metal on i immediately disliked it. it's been on my WIP shelf for ages though and i just wanted to finish it off.

I suspect i'll revisit it, but not for a while.

Cheers for the comments guys :victory:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.