Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be a bit of a old question BUT is there any point in giving a SM character with a BS of 5 or more a master-crafted plasma pistol? cause if he miss's doesnt it just blow up anyway lol. just noticed Mephiston has one in the last BA codex (though doesnt have one in the revised codex)
someone with such divine psychic power really didnt put alot of thought into his gun up-grade did he haha
(my 1st post :biggrin:)

·
Registered
517 Posts
This might be a bit of a old question BUT is there any point in giving a SM character with a BS of 5 or more a master-crafted plasma pistol? cause if he miss's doesnt it just blow up anyway lol. just noticed Mephiston has one in the last BA codex (though doesnt have one in the revised codex)
someone with such divine psychic power really didnt put alot of thought into his gun up-grade did he haha
(my 1st post :biggrin:)
Well, I don't know, but regardless of that: Hello there! Welcome!

But a) you should post this under the rules question and b) you should introduce yourself under "fall in, heretics".

Nice to meet you. :grin:

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts

A roll of a 1 always misses, so being MC means not only do you reroll that miss, but because it was rerolled, you avoid the overheat.

Now if you stood still and fired two shots and rolled a 2, being MC wouldn't help because you hit (despite the overheat) so no reroll.

So there is a point to it. Namely it gives you a chance to avoid overheats.

However, if you're paying points for it, it's not worth it. It's a 30 point extra CCW that every now and then might actually be used as a gun.

Edit: And yeah, you should probably have posted this in the rules or tactics forums.

But welcome aboard none the less

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sry didnt think the re-roll would stop the overheating so didnt quite mean it as a question more of a statement. but hey live and learn

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Yep, a reroll replaces the first roll, as if it never happened.

Edit: Still, if you;re paying for it, an MC plas pistol is still a massive waste of points.

And for the record, Mephy's plaspistol isn't master crafted.

Mephiston doesn't NEED rerolls. Plasma burns just make his nipples hard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh i would never pay for one, was more interested in chars that came with them. and yeah medhy doesnt have one in the codex you can get off the GW site at the mo but in my book(not sure if its the newests one) he has one in his wargear.

And the hard nipples would just help his psychic hood out, how tricky would it be to cast with them all up in ya face lol

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
the current official codex is the one from the website (and from the recent issues of white dwarf, though if there are differences, the one on the site takes precedent)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts