Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reading the rules it says if a psyker takes his spells from one school he has the psychic focus so gets the primaris free. with chaos marines that are marked they don't get psychic focus but automatically gain the primaris.

So my question is with my Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer he has to take a spell from the Tzeentch table, but because he already knows the primaris (so a spell from tzeentch), so with his lvl1 can he then take the a spell from daemonology ( as all psykers also get the daemonology table as well)?

just curious of other peoples interpretation.

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have my BRB with me so paraphrasing from memory back in the rules when it talks of psychic focus it also says marked psykers can never gain psychic focus however they gain the primaris power from their mark for free.

So I suppose in this situation the aspiring sorcerer gets to roll on the table and then gets the primaris for free. otherwise they would be just stuck with the primaris because they know have two spells from tzeentch although they are only ML1.

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok a new development has just been brought to my attention by our local tournament organiser. Our official tournaments in Australia are run to the ANZ40kFAQ.
under psychic rules FAQ it states

4. A psyker with a mark of Chaos or a Daemon of a particular Chaos god can never make use of Psychic focus, but Chaos psychic focus always applies.

So under this FAQ ruling I can't actually take my one spell from another discipline and grab the freebie primaris. Which I would believe to be RAI.

There we go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.