Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey folks

I've been working on a Tau commision and made a way to convert markerlight drones out of gundrones without the need for ANY extra bits. All you need is some tools and 1 plastic gundrone sprue.

What you'll end up with:

The tools you need;

-cutting mat
-Hobby knife
-pinning vice with 1mm drillbit
-plastic cement.

Step 1:

Cut out the bits and clean them as you normally would.

Step 2:

Take the right gun and cut between the carbine and the underslung grenade launcher. Remove the whole bit by cutting it loose.

Step 3:

Cut away the second barrel of the carbine. Use the normal indentations and carefully remove the bottom barrel.

Clean this up a bit and make it look more like an antenna, rather than a carbine/rifle.

Step 4:

Take the left gun arm and cut away both barrels of the carbine and the underslung grenade launcher. You'll only be left with the buttstock that you flip over.

Step 5:

Cut away a small corner of the lower bit of the buttstock. This will make it fit upside down on the final marker drone.

Step 6:

Use the 1mm drillbit and drill 2 holes in the buttstock to simulate holes for the lasers to pop out:

Step 7:

Flip the main body disc of the gundrone over so that the 2 groves are on the bottom. There's a few pins sticking out towards you on the out rim of the disc. Cut away the one in the upper right corner.

Step 8:

That's all the modifications and cutting done that's required! Just assemble the bits and you should end up with markerdrones in the picture.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might give that a shot. Could work if I don't drill too far. I think a 1.5mm bit woul de better though. 2mm would be tricky.

I could also glue some 2mm plastic tube on it, but I wanted to create a tutorial that required nothing whatso-ever... And it would make something better ingame out of the massive amount of gundrones you get with the new battlesuit boxes;

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Just the conversion I was looking for! Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts