Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do they work?
I font know whether I can use the lights from my previous shooting phase, or only overmatched hits.
Also how does supporting fire work- does every body shoot at the same time, or is just like a out of sequence snap shot shooting phase with one after another?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
marker lights only stay till the end of the phase so they are gone at the end of your shooting phase, with supporting fire ive seen it done one unit then the next and so on , i also saw a unit of pathfinders support fire with there marker lights then the other units firing over watch using the markers to up there bs for snap fire, personally not sue if that the way it supposed to work but looked good lol

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
The way kickboxerdog saw it used is the way it works--especially useful with Darkstrider making a Pathfinder squad Overwatch at full BS, getting a lot of markerlight hits to spread around for the supporting fire units.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does darkstrider make you overwatch at full BS?

·
Registered
423 Posts
How does darkstrider make you overwatch at full BS?
He doesnt. He allows the unit he is with to consolidate d6 in any direction immediately after firing Overwatch (which may help them stay out of charge range), but he has no effect on the accuracy of his unit's Overwatch shots.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Crap, my bad. Accumulated bad info via osmosis, rather than read the book.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not a big deal dude, it happens

I had played a fair number of games before realizing that Grandmaster Mordrak wasnt an Independent Character... which threw my strategy of Deepstriking a group of Paladins with perfect accuracy in the first turn, out the window

I'd be curious to know, was it a Tau player that you got that information from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts