Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I was recently reading the Lexicanum entry on Power Armor, and really liked the look of the Mark VIII Errant Armor. But the entry didn't show any images of actual minis wearing the armor, and I couldn't find any on the Forge World site either. So I was wondering if these actually exist as models, or just in fluff currently? Apologies if this has been asked before, I did a search but couldn't find anything!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Howdy :)

You get a solitary Mk8 chest piece in the Tactical Squad box....

As worn by Sgt Baldy :)

·
8,723 Posts
No worries :)
If I'm not at work I live on here :laugh:

Yeah, when I first saw mk8 I hated it. I'm quite keen on it these days so I feel your pain at the lack of parts :(

Oh, one of the Sternguard as well.....

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Haha the lads in the chat box (Grish and T, Mags as well maybe) were talking about this exact thing the other day as I was droning on about Minotaurs again. I also need to get a great many of I want to do Minotaurs tactical marines - luckily I don't and can get away with using older MK's on the veterans.

As T said there is one in the tactical box and the SG squad leader is wearing one. Other possible sources are the Black Templar Upgrade Sprue:

Middle torso

The Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard have some but they are very ornate:

and the Grey Knight PA models - although they will require a bit of converting.

It is doable to make from GW kits but as you can see it requires a bit of kitbashin. FW doesn't make any although I'll be surprised if this doesn't change with IA12. It's a perfect oppertunity for them to bring some out.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
8,723 Posts
Whats funny about the mk8 is that it was introduced to us at the same time as mk7 and used to be purchased in blister packs, i had an entire ultramarine 1st company of mk8 back in the 90s
*gets misty eyed* :cray:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
There's always the conversion option. Making a gorget from greenstuff, plasticard or stiff card isn't too hard, i've done it myself.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
There's always the conversion option. Making a gorget from greenstuff, plasticard or stiff card isn't too hard, i've done it myself.
Grrr I hate you. I gave up and simply ordered every GK torso Bits had... my wallet doesn't like me for spending more money on minis but my blood pressure is much lower!

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
If you read the most current Space Marine codecies, it appears that Mk VIII armor has been retconned out of the background-- I guess they want it to just be a conversion of Mk VII plate or something...

Admittedly, I kind of like the idea of a Mk VIII suit being something that isn't necessarily "sanctioned" as far as production patterns go, but is just so common a workshop conversion of Mk VII suits that the Imperium recognizes it as a new pattern altogether.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
IA: Badab War P2 kinda disagrees there I think. IA 12 will probably settle the matter once and for all.

·
8,723 Posts
If you read the most current Space Marine codecies, it appears that Mk VIII armor has been retconned out of the background-- I guess they want it to just be a conversion of Mk VII plate or something...
Bastards. Seeing as they had written it in as a brand new Mk that hadn't really caught on yet that's a bit crap to get rid of it IMO :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like cake and pie.

[Edited]- Discussion of reproducing, casting, moulding, or otherwise counterfeiting Games Workshop products is forbidden. Discussion of mold making in and of itself is acceptable, provided that it is not being described as for use in reproducing Games Workshop products-- i.e., if you make a mold to make terrain features with, that's fine to discuss. But not discussions of how to mold anything produced by GW, including pictures of the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Um, the full MkVIII had enclosed torso cabling as well as the high 'gorget'. The helmed version was also slightly sunken with modified ear covers and [at the time] a wider crest. The lower leg plates also had a circular insert.

Will point out i only know this so well as just this week i stripped and am repainting and old MkVIII suit plus the DA Serg in Mk VIII who i was going to link to but seems to have disappeared from the GW store in the last couple of weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts