Dreadnought 105
Dreadnought 105
Dreadnought 105

Landraider 265
Landraider 265

·
Registered
47 Posts
Alright to start off do not get a Thunderhammer on your Chaplain, it wastes his wonderful Initiative value and adds more points when you already have a serviceable power weapon. Next I would find a way to give those Assault Marines their jump packs back, their mobility will be what lets you snag table quarters and adds a dangerous rapid assault unit to the army. Those Tactical Squads will be in CC, based on the way your kitted the out, so that means you need to have numbers (beef them up to 8 men) and a Power Fist is almost a requirement on your Sarge.

Those Dreads need Extra Armor to keep the mobile and those Landraider should become Crusaders since you intend to use them in an assault role, unless of course you are using the LRs for their tank killing abilities combined with the ability to deliver a larger number of men! With that I would also get Heavy Flamers on the Dreads and stick them inside of Drop Pods for rapid Deployment.

I would look at making this list in 1850 to get all the upgrades you need and because that is generally the best value to play the game at. Since you don't seem to have any Traits selected I would look into getting either Take the Fight to them for the Tac squads or Trust in Your Battle Brothers for true grit, again for the Tac squads. IMO Trust in Your Battle Brothers works better as it keeps you a dangerous for at range.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ah, that could be true. I havn't used a Land Raider before, though I have several friends who do, so I didn't realise it from the Points. Well then I have to add that you lack Tank Killing power, so maybe downgrading to Land Raiders would not only free up some points but give you some good anti-tank.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
If you really want to keep the thunder hammer on the chaplain do this

chaplain equiped with crozius arcanum and thunder hammer.

Hes then affective against troops and tanks.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thunderhammers on chaplains are awesome. Obviously you don't replace the Crozius though. At first you think "ohhh no your losing your I5 attacks" but think of it in terms of facing something that is I5 or better - which nearly all IC's and combat-killy stuff is. Then getting to wond on 2's and proabably insti kill is better.
Chaplains are resiliant (well at least Masters are) enough to do this and get away with it. I've ran this tactic for about 5 years now and god it is good. Even to the point of cheekily balls out charging a warithlord (50% chance you'll live and then take him down!!) or the like.
I wouldn't be so hasty to write that one off guys.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
yeah it makes a diference against anything that will strike before you anyway. Like a Chaos inf/speed lietenant with furious charge. If he doesn't kill you, you sure as hell are going to lay the smack down on his arse. IC's really don't like to get smacked in the chops with a big flashy hammer :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
once your guys come out of the landraider...is that a wasted 250 pts?
i would take rhinos personaly and spend 100pts rather than 500+
with the 400 points u could take 2 more squads of tactical marines and get some heavy weapons on the feild without being on the tanks

an eldar force would work wonders on this list...4+ to glance 5+ to penetrate a land raider makes short work of 250pts

so many power weapons ... what if u end up vsing korn or something ..ul be swamped and owned "P

but i like the aproach of how ur list has 3 dreadnaughts and 2 landraiders...movement turn takes 30 seconds max

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Lord Sinkoran said:
If you really want to keep the thunder hammer on the chaplain do this

chaplain equiped with crozius arcanum and thunder hammer.

Hes then affective against troops and tanks.
Seen it done, its pricey but you can choose which weapon and therefore which initiative depending on your enemy. One of my friends uses it and it works a treat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drop the landraiders, add rhinos for any transport. And if youre just using the Landraiders for firepower you could take 2 vindicators and a predator wtih all lascannons for about the same price.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
id downgrade the landraider to a standard one then stcik a unit your choice in (find one that works) and use it as a line breaker! that or do a chaos world eater army and join the horde!! (conversion attempt for the day)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts