Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading alot of the w40k novels has led me to a love of Chaos space marines. I find their books much more interesting with emotions treachery and plot as apposed to regular marines where everyone is all about pride and honor and BORING. I have also found that pre heresy Marines actually have charecter and thoughts i assume this is where the csm get it from. So the question is why are pre heresy/chaos marines emotional/ actually think about things compared to post heresy marines that are pretty bland and carbon copy? other then the space wolves of course :wink:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My best guess would be that after the Horus Heresy they increased space marine hypno-therapy, indoctrination etc. to ensure greater loyalty but also causing more of their original personalities to be surpressed/erassed.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The process for creating new Marines is far more stringent than it was pre-Heresy, so I imagine that Chapters look for very similar qualities in their aspirants ensuring that a fair number of them are almost identical in their basest personalities.

They do have character but as Chompy Bits said the indoctrination is much more fierce in 40k than 30k creating a brain-washed weapon rather than a warrior in both form and personality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts