Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had trouble arranging the deployment of a FAIR 3-way game? The only way I thought to do that fairly was a triangular table. I now have a solution.

Today I asked someone for a 2000pt game and his buddy asked to join in too.

We split the 4x4 into quarters and numbered them. We picked a squad (in turns) and rolled a die. On a 1-4, the squad goes anywhere in that quarter. A 5-6 makes you reroll it.

We had 6 dreadnoughts in quarter 3 and over 50 marines in 1. It was the most bloodthirsty battle I've ever seen.

I got turn 1, Shane had 2 and Luke got last.

At the end of my turn one, I lost a GK and Veteran to CC and a plasma gun blew up in my hands. 3 Casualties.
Shane's pile was really huge. Around 25 marines total.
Luke had a huge one too. I was proud of that turn. It didn't last.

End of all our turn 1's had me lose my veterans and a lot of marines.
The casualty plies were huge.

This went of till turn 5 at which point I killed off Luke's last marines, got my second to last Mini (libby) destroyed and Shane still having a fair amount on the field at which point we were all hungry and decided to finish it and go for some Maccas. I came second by one Master with one wound left.

6000 points of marines fighting eachother. It was hilarious.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmmm, a grand dogpile of power armor. The way you deployed sounds like it would work well if everyone is playing a similar army, but it wouldn't go so well if say, it was a game of orks vs space marines vs tau. Shooting based armies don't like having opponents start in the same table quarter as them.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
That sounds like one monster of a battle. So many marines. Must of been fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts