Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
What's that supposed to mean? I'm simply stating that the only time I know of SM's in PA having the ability to teleport is when they are in a GK Strike Squad.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
He fights on the sea floor with the kraken, and as his armor is breached, the suit seals off the damaged parts as water rushes into them. And his boltgun functions underwater, each bolt is after all a miniature self propelled missile.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I figure if they have specially adapted armor to fight in the void of space (void-hardened armor) they'd have armor adapted to fight under water or similar materials.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
+ 1 to that. Space Marines in particular are getting worse. One of the reasons why I stopped reading BL books tbh.
For once I agree with you my freind; here here.

That being I have been lead to beleive, through a mix of discussion and reading Lore, that the Power Armor Astartes wear in suppose to be able to operate in any enviroment. Thus I do not find it as wild as some of you that the writers would engage the Marines in an underwater battle in their Power Armor.

They may not swim, but who needs to when you can just sink and shoot right? :p

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What's that supposed to mean? I'm simply stating that the only time I know of SM's in PA having the ability to teleport is when they are in a GK Strike Squad.
Are we forgetting that ships are equipped with teleporters? that's only requirement is a homing beacon?

The interceptor squads jump pack is different.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I am aware that the Interceptor Squad (sorry I thought it was a Strike Squad my bad) is different but it was the only example that I knew off of PA marines being able to use a form of teleportation. I was under the impression that it was only TDA that could make use of those Teleportatian Rooms on Ships.. Quickly looking through Lexicanum seems to suggest so, I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I am aware that the Interceptor Squad (sorry I thought it was a Strike Squad my bad) is different but it was the only example that I knew off of PA marines being able to use a form of teleportation. I was under the impression that it was only TDA that could make use of those Teleportatian Rooms on Ships.. Quickly looking through Lexicanum seems to suggest so, I could be wrong though.
They were able to do it in Fire Warrior game/book and ad mech tech guards could....with one mixed results, he learned what it felt to be a wall. in Soul Drinkers.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Fair enough I haven't read the Soul Drinkers series so I was unaware of that. Re Fire Warrior, do we really want to count video games as examples of "Fluff" tech (honest question btw)? Then we start getting into why a SM captain would choose to only be equipped with a knife and bolt pistol etc

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
We see PA marines teleport in "Crimson Fists" when they board the Iron Warrior's flagship.

The Ultramarines launch a teleport assault onto an orbital shipyard in Know no Fear.

In "Call of the Lion", the power armored commander of the Dark Angels detachment teleports.

Fallen Angels has a powered armored group of space marines teleport.

We see the power armored Custodes teleport back up to the Fidelitas Rex in The First Heretic. Later on, one of those Custodes expects to teleport up to a vessel in orbit but is jammed (point being he expected to teleport up).

"The Iron Within" has power armored marines teleporting.

Meros, a Blood Angel, teleports with Sangy in Fear to Tread.

In Angel Exterminatus we have the Iron Warriors and Emperor's Children using teleporters with power armor.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I stand corrected, apologies all I must have got confused between TT rules and fluff. So they could teleport down there and then teleport back up, still doesn't help them at anything more than getting into a static firing position.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Oh I fully admit I'm not as brushed up on the Fluff as I used to be seeing as all those novels are fairly recent in terms of my time in the Hobby, that might also be part of the problem, possibly it used to be TDA only?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I don't know. I haven't been around fluff that long (maybe the last 7 years?) and it's always made sense to me that anyone could use the teleportation system. Maybe that's the Trekker in me speaking.

But I mean there's nothing particularly special about terminators, no? I mean they have the homing beacon to make sure they're less likely to scatter into some nearby rock, but...

We've seen other things teleported in fluff. Bombs and regular humans, too. I'm not sure why power armored marines would not be included?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I read on warhammer wiki that because TDA is so strong that it can withstand high pressures of warp teleportation, so maybe normal PA is not strong enough to not crush under pressure? Now that raises a question why land raiders are not being teleported but dropshiped by a thunderhawk...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dunno i would doubt it those star ships are stc based i presume. So strategical positions like teleportarium would have big halls big enough for terminators to pass. Orks always teleport their whole armies.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts