Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am painting my first army, Ultramarines. It feels strange putting the Devastator squad decal on marines with bolters, even though they are attached to my Devastator Squad. Likewise with putting a tac squad decal on a Heavy Weapons marine, even though he is attached to a tac squad.

My question is, will more experienced players make fun of me if I just give all my bolter marines tac squad decals, and all my heavy weapon marines devastator decals? Do people ever do that?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I shouldn't think so, but remember if they do make fun. Small things amuse small minds. I do suggest that you make some other squad mark on them, ie painted knee pad or helmet etc. This will help your opponent, reconize which Marines belong to which squad. I think it makes for cool fluff about your Army, all the Hvy Wepons operators belong to the 9th Company and so on.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I would just leave the marines carrying bolters in your DEVI Squad free of decal markings and your HW the same in your TAC Squad. This way there is no confusion. Additionaly if you decide to change your army design down the road you can place these guys where you need them, in a TAC/DEVI/VET/Command Squad.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would just leave the marines carrying bolters in your DEVI Squad free of decal markings and your HW the same in your TAC Squad. This way there is no confusion. Additionaly if you decide to change your army design down the road you can place these guys where you need them, in a TAC/DEVI/VET/Command Squad.
I agree. Until you've played with your army for a couple years (and have plenty of models), leave off the squad markings. They're easy to add later, and you'll want to experiment with things before you commit to a certain organization.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts