Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Voting for

Voting in this deathmatch should be based not just on painting skill, but also for application of different painting techniques, individual artist improvement, creativity and originality etc.

In order to vote, you must pick your favourite 3 entries and list them in order of favourite to least favourite. For example I would vote:

1) Dave T Hobbit (favourite)
2) humakt (second favourite)
3) Viscount Vash (third favourite)

If you vote for an entry as your favourite that entry will recieve 3 points, if you vote for an entry as your second favourite it will recieve 2 points and if you vote for an entry as your third favourite it will recieve 1 point. Once voting is finished I will add up all of the results and the winner will be announced.

If you have entered but do not cast your vote, then no votes for you will count. This is to encourage voting and to ensure that we at least get some votes. If there are fewer than four entries, you do not have to cast all your votes.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 10 April 2015. Any votes cast after this time will be disregarded. If you do not vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd then your vote will also be disregarded.

Awards are as follows:
Participation: 1 reputation
3rd Place: 2 reputation
2nd Place: 3 reputation
1st Place: 4 reputation, receive Mark of Slaanesh during the quarterly Heresy Online Awards

(DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF)

The Entries are below. There are more photographs of some entries in the Entry Thread:

Nacho libre

Mossy Toes

Nordicus

Tankworks

Uveron

R_Squared
Cannot win this month (but can still place)

Hellathos

Roganzar

Wookiepelt

Ravion

Daisy Duke
http://www.heresy-online.net//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
522 Posts
1) Nordicus - A well deserved 1st placing. The airbrushing tecniques are spot on, and really complement the Rhino. The lighting, shading and pop from the brass all combine to make a stunning model.
2) Tankworks - Innovative modelling ideas and excellent weathering make for an awesome Orky train. I love the "painting" and can see some Boyz pinching this and kustomizing it to this standard.
3) Wookiepelt - A very simple and well executed colour scheme which looks very effective. I like the hand painted decals on the Marine as well, a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
1) Wookie Pelt :this is a very nice digression from your usual Space Wolves and it really stands out.
2)Nordicus : Always High quality work and to an expected standard. very nicely done
3) R_Squared : really nicely done with orks. Even considering they are one of my least favorite factions.

Everyone did a great job this month.

·
Registered
299 Posts
1st, Wookiepelt, though I hate bugs!
2nd, Uveron, I think it looks better than the sun-washed photos show.
3rd, Hellathos, just because.

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
1st - Nordicus: Very clean airbrush work and highlighting! What's not to like about it!
2nd - R-Squared: Great red paint job on the Ork Trukk.
3rd - Mossy Toes: Love the grey/black/bone colour scheme on Be'lakor.

·
Warlord of Vermin
882 Posts
1. Hellathos - Awesome weathering there
2. Nordicus - *sighs*
3. Mossy toes - really neat job

·
Registered
580 Posts
1) Nordicus - A well deserved 1st placing. The airbrushing tecniques are spot on, and really complement the Rhino. The lighting, shading and pop from the brass all combine to make a stunning model.
2) Tankworks - Innovative modelling ideas and excellent weathering make for an awesome Orky train. I love the "painting" and can see some Boyz pinching this and kustomizing it to this standard.
3) Wookiepelt - A very simple and well executed colour scheme which looks very effective. I like the hand painted decals on the Marine as well, a nice touch.
I feel this sums up my thoughts as well.

Nordicus, amazing job!

Tankworks, love the weathered paint peeling look! If its not rusty its not done... lol

Wookiepelt, every body loves a nid! Especially fond of the soon to be dead smurf!. I used to have the oop 1st gen tyrant standing on a templar's corpse.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
1) Wookiepelt
Very nice work on the transitions and color choices. I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing more bugs from your end when this is your standard - Very nice job man!

2) Hellathos
Crisp as all hell and nice subtle details. It's hard to make a green/red combo look natural, but you've pulled it off. Great job!

3) Tankworks
The paintjob loons very natural and realistic - While not a traditional model you see on these forums, I really appreciate the techniques and quality you've pulled off here!

As always, stiff competition on these forums. Everyone should be proud of themselves - Great job everyone!

(Darn this takes forever on a phone to write...)

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
1st Place - Nordicus
2nd Place - R_Squared
3rd Place - Roganzar

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
1)Nordicus
2)Wookiepelt
3)Roganzar

Nice work dudes!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Cheers Guys, that was some competition this month! I hope this volume, and standard, carries on. It's great to see how every one is doing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts