Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Voting for

Voting in this deathmatch should be based not just on painting skill, but also for application of different painting techniques, individual artist improvement, creativity and originality etc.

In order to vote, you must pick your favourite 3 entries and list them in order of favourite to least favourite. For example I would vote:

1) Dave T Hobbit (favourite)
2) humakt (second favourite)
3) Viscount Vash (third favourite)

If you vote for an entry as your favourite that entry will recieve 3 points, if you vote for an entry as your second favourite it will recieve 2 points and if you vote for an entry as your third favourite it will recieve 1 point. Once voting is finished I will add up all of the results and the winner will be announced.

If you have entered but do not cast your vote, then no votes for you will count. This is to encourage voting and to ensure that we at least get some votes.

Also note that if you vote for an entry that is not eligible for any reason (I still post them up so that others can see them) then the entire vote will be disregarded (1st, 2nd and 3rd choices).

Anybody voting who has less than 100 posts to his/her name will be disqualified from voting to eliminate cheating as although it is a non-competitive event, we are still taking precautions against cheaters (this rule does not apply if you are a participant).

Voting will be open for 7 days and will close at Midnight GMT on 7 April 2013. Any votes cast after this time will be disregarded. If you do not vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd then your vote will also be disregarded.

Awards are as follows:
Participation: 1 reputation
3rd Place: 2 reputation
2nd Place: 3 reputation
1st Place: 4 reputation, receive Mark of Slaanesh during the quarterly Heresy Online Awards

(DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF)

The Entries are:

Barnster

Furyion

Boc

Charandris

Let the voting begin!

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st. Barnster - while the model is simple enough, the colour transitions (especially the shine on the body) are very smooth and well done.

2nd. Charandris - despite the fact that you had to rush it like a mufucker, it is quite well done with the pustules and mane/hair of the horse. The gold of the staff, however, looks a little flat, though I'm sure as you manage to nail down the details on it (given more time) it'll look great.

3rd. Furyion - Awesome model and conversion, biggest detractor though are the edge highlights, which I think you'd be able to smooth out with some washes or inks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
1: Boc

2: Charandris

3: Furyion

Well done all for getting your entries in!

·
Registered
726 Posts
1 - Boc - Love the weathering and the scheme in general plus your free hand is definitely improving, the eye on the left leg looks great.

2 - Barnster - Quite simple but very effective. I like the bronzed effect you've managed on the skin, there's a kind of otherworldy shimmer.

3 - Charandris - Overall good job although there's a few areas that look like they need more shading (the banner for instance). Saying that I do like your choice of colours on the mane - I think it works really well as a spot colour.

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
1st: Boc - Loved the weathering! that and the basing you chose really makes it feel like that dread has been grinding it out for centuries! Very cool!

2nd: Charandris: Although the base looks incomplete, the painting that has been done looks good and I too really like some of the detail on that horse.

3rd: Barnster: Not too shabby! I think a little more depth could have been added to the body and robes to make them pop a little more. But as a whole the model looks good!

Well done to everyone!
Chaosftw

·
Registered
992 Posts
1. Boc - Love the overall look of the model and the base is a great eye-catch
2. Barnster - A nicely executed, yet simple, paint job
3. Charandis - The horse is excellent, the staff/icon looks a bit unfinished

·
Registered
269 Posts
1. Charandis
2. Boc
3. Barnster

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
1: Boc - Mean looking contemptor

2: Charandris - A pale WoC is rare and white can be a pig to paint, really well executed mini, just wish he had a banner arm rather than a lance arm

3: Furyion - I'm not a fan of the conversion (sorry mate!) and the edges do need slight cleaning, but the control panel looks fantastic!

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And the results are in:

3rd Place: Barnster with 17 points

2nd Place: Charandris with 30 points

1st Place: Boc with 35 points

(does the happy dance)

A huge thanks to all who painted, and a big thanks for those of you that took the time to vote! As a reminder, the April painting deathmatch thread is up, with the theme of Squad/Regiment. I look forward to seeing some more entries!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congratulations and well played to all others who participated, and thankyou to those who voted! :)
I hope that all of you who took part or who have been following enjoyd the competition as much as I did!
See you all in Aprils comp!

:victory:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts