Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was playing earlier this week I commented that i couldn't shoot at a unit because it was within the 24" minimum range, however someone else stated that i could direct fire it without the barrage rule however I can find no evidence of this if you all could tell me even the page of the rulebook or codex where this is stated it would be awesome.

Thanks,
Cadian 440th

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Yeah, you can direct fire the manticore... but it seems really beardy to be able to do so. First time someone tried to direct fire one against me I didnt respond too well either.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ordnance Barrage weapons can fire directly, and "if fired directly at the target they are treated like normal ordnance weapons (ignoring the minimum range in the weapon's profile)".

It's on p58.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you have the small rule book it's on page 58 under "Ordnance Barrage Weapons"

"If fired directly at the target, they are treated exactly like normal ordnance weapons (ignoring the minimum range in the weapon's profile)."

Hope that helps

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
page 32 of the rulebook makes no mention that you can fire barrage weapons and ignore the barrage rule, and according to barrage weapon rules if you have a minimum range you cannot fire under it as if the hole is under the minimum range the template disappears.

but yeah then page 58 basically turns around and tells you that page is a load of rubbish and that you CAN fire them under the minimum range and ignore the barrage rule, so you may as well rip page 32 out or draw all over it in crayon

·
Registered
468 Posts
page 32 of the rulebook makes no mention that you can fire barrage weapons and ignore the barrage rule, and according to barrage weapon rules if you have a minimum range you cannot fire under it as if the hole is under the minimum range the template disappears.

but yeah then page 58 basically turns around and tells you that page is a load of rubbish and that you CAN fire them under the minimum range and ignore the barrage rule, so you may as well rip page 32 out or draw all over it in crayon
Barrage is not the same as Ornance Barrage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all, I was dreading having to search for it when I got home and I did not know where to look after reading the barrage thing on p32.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Note however that certain IG Ordnance Barrage have a line in their codex entry about never being able to fire directly. Griffon, Colossus, and I thought the Manticore...............

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
"BS penalty"? If you mean reducing the scatter by BS, Barrage does that as well as long as the Barrage weapon has LOS to the target. It's only when the target is out of LOS that you lose the BS reduction.

Advantage of Direct, ignores minimum range.

Advantage of Barrrage:
can shoot at targets not in LOS, but loses BS reduction to scatter
Hits vehicles on side armor when center dot is on vehilce
causes pinning
cover determined from center of blast
can fire (for most) in either mode

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Good, glad we're on the same page. You would be surprised at how many people think that Barrage fire automatically loses the BS reduction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts