Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst I love all the Forgeworld stuff, the Malcador range of tanks have realy caught my eye. I love the early look they have, rhey almost have a ww1 vibe to them, and the fact they have a backstory of, once glorious fighting tank, now backline redundant tank has grabbed me even more so, I want one to be my first super heavy tank in my force, backed up by two russes and demolisher it should have some great support... I just wondered if anyone here has any tips or ideas for them and what they think of the tanks abilities? Thanks every one

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
it's a light superheavy, that pending what role you give it can be effective for most things - think of it as baneblade box , except smaller-ish

Can make lots of different takes (8 now? idk but lots man)

is there a particular version you were looking at?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy, yeah I was thinking either the standard type with largerbattle cannon... or the tank hunter variety. My plan is to have it central, whilst a squad of lemans flanks one side and sentinels the other, infantry in between, to make up for the malcadors little cannon manouverablity. What do you think?

·
Closet Dictator
3,436 Posts
I would go for the tank hunter type mate, with the leman russ and sentinal outriders watching the flanks, not only would it work fluff wise but visually on the game table look very impressive, and as you have said, the mlcador lacks in manouverability so better for it to move slow and hit hard and let the rest of the force take care of other tasks

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Worth using sure, but I'd revise the strategy you have planned for it. A malcador is a super heavy, so when it goes boom (which it will) it will be a hell of a big boom which will likely damage or destroy whatever's next to it.

My brother uses two of them alongside two baneblades, a warhound and about a dozen leman russes and chimeras when we play Apocalypse or even just large scale 40k. The fact that they go apocalyptic when they are destroyed plus them being less resilient than other super heavies makes them prime targets. :)

Not that they're lacking for damage output either. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome tips thank you all, I have decided to go for the tank hunter varient, and will bare in mind where to place it in terms of recieving damage and blowing up. Could get nasty for my guard, but serpion 5 has got me thinking of doubling up with baneblade... man, that would be swwweeeetttttt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts