Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an Imperial Guard player, I've noticed that there is little use for Stormtroopers aside from deep striking behind high value armored targets and meltagun the crap out of it. You get a 5 man squad for 85 points and another 20 points for the meltaguns and take the airborne special, there is no reason to take a full squad aside from just loving the idea of luckily killing a full squad of MEQ with one volley. So I propose these three changes to the Stormtroopers. Make the Hot-shot Lasgun an assault 2 weapon, as closer to the "lore" of the setting. Increasing the amount of special weapons they can carry from 2 to 3. And last of all, add a special rule for stormtroopers that allows them to fire both hot-shot lasgun and laspistols in the same attack, called Combat Efficiency. Honed with decades of training, the Stormtrooper can draw and fire both Hellguns with an almost superhuman quickness. Essentially if they are within 6 inches of their target, they can also fire an extra shot with their pistol. I'm hoping that this would make the stormtroopers more effective at CQC since the extra firepower before the actual assault would make up for their sub-par guardsman stats. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
ehh

in my opinion if you want to make storm troopers effective allow them to take an extra 2 special weapons when going to a 10man squad (so 2 per 5 basically)

and pending on which route one wants to see them go, either give them assault 2 18" hellguns

or 24" rapid fire and allow them to be eligible for orders (FRF!SRF! PLEASE!)

----

If any other special rule were to be allowed for them I would like to see something like this.

"super charged"

once per game, a squad of storm troopers can super charge their weapons, all hellguns for that shooting phase (so no overwatch) are counted as being S4.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
another way to make them palatable, apart form the 2 special each 5 men, would be to reduce cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts