Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may just be me, but all the rumours of the past 3 days are driving me insane. If i read anything else about 7th edition/6th edition redux/new starter sets my head may pop.

For stress reduction i propose we make up our own rumours. Try to make them completely batshit insane, yet bordering on believable if possible.

My sister's husband's cousin works at a proofreading company and has got his hands on the 7th Edition rulebook. He only played a little 40k back in 3rd edition, but he is familar with the system. Apparently the skyfire special rule has been removed and you can hit flyers at your normal BS, but that squad must declare they are assuming the 'aim for the stars' position at the beginning of the movement phase. The unit must be laid on their backs, and may move d6 inches by rolling around on the floor.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
GW are releasing a multi-option plastic kit of the Big E himself. These are direct order only as they are custom casting every single head to match the features of the person ordering it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
my neighbors dog walkers cousin works there and said that instead of 6.1/7th ed etc that they were going to a yearly release schedule for rules and as such would now be using Warhammer 40K 2014 ed. One of the big changes are that Necrons can now be allied(battle-brothers) with WFB Tomb Kings to more accurately represent the aliens coming to build the pyramids in Egypt. It's also targeted to complete with Chaos Daemons being allowed to be used in both systems.

·
Closet Dictator
3,431 Posts
7th ed will have solid rule set that everyone will be happy with, and the box set will contain every codex up to date for €19.99

·
Registered
807 Posts
Tau are being removed as an Army, and instead every new Codex will have the option to take Riptides in any/all FOC slots.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Tau are being removed as an Army, and instead every new Codex will have the option to take Riptides in any/all FOC slots.
That's not a rumor, that's the actual current state of affairs.

Farsight Enclave w/ HQ Riptide, 3 Riptide HS, allied Tau Empire with Riptide, plus Firebase Cadre Formation with Riptide and 4 Broadsides...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rather than release a new edition, GW will be re-issuing editions 2 through 6 as collectible starter sets. Each set contains the identical contents of the original starter set, as well as miniature hardback rulebooks (updated to work with current codexes) and a set of unique dice & templates created especially for each edition.

Each set will retail for £200.

The second edition set will feature the cardboard ork dreadnought signed by a member of the GW production team.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
7th Edition will introduce Codex: Squats - that no one under 30 will buy - and a new fortification called "Matt Ward": A 12" tall statue of the man himself, complete with that cheesy grin, terrible waistcoat (drooped over golden artificer armour), and a power sword. It will award an additional 10 VPs to the owner, as long as the owner holds a suitably cheesy grin for the duration of the game...In addition, anything behind the "Matt Ward" gets an automatic cover save.

If my brother's best friend's cousin twice removed is correct, 7th Edition will also seek to incorporate Blood Bowl teams into 40k, with "Dungeon Bowl" as a new standard mission for games of 40k.

Edit: Leaked Pics of the "Matt Ward" fortification:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
FFS people it's not seventh edition,

It's 40k 8th edition,
7th edition involved percentages, estimation and indices and after GW realised that 13 year old virgins who had yet to read the rules were unlikely to be able to deal with 20% of 100 let alone ten to the power of 7, they skipped 7th edition altogether.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My brothers fiancées best friends 4th grade teachers sheep shearers cousin works at GW HQ in Australia, and he's said that all models have ID with a roll of a 6 with their guns to represent a "head shot" its call the "FPS Doug" rule, it only works if the player yells "BOOM HEAD-SHOT!" with the rolls of a 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Xdi4T8mgI

and a new fortification called "Matt Ward": A 12" tall statue of the man himself, complete with that cheesy grin, terrible waistcoat (drooped over golden artificer armour), and a power sword. It will award an additional 10 VPs to the owner, as long as the owner holds a suitably cheesy grin for the duration of the game...In addition, anything behind the "Matt Ward" gets an automatic cover save.
This is also confirmed.

As for close combat, there is a similar rule to the "FPS Doug" rule but its called the "Die Hard". If you roll a 6 to hit then a 6 to wound with the same dice, its ID and you must yell "YIPPIE KI YAY MOTHER FUCKER" or "YIPPIE KI YAY MOFO" for those who do not like cursing. This rule over rides the "Eternal Warrior" rule, because no one can survive a full on solider wielding a CC weapon screaming that.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
GW stop all current boxes and release one giant multipartbox from which any unit, tank or whatever can be constructed, but still only one unit. It will come at the desent price of 800£.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
GW stop all current boxes and release one giant multipartbox from which any unit, tank or whatever can be constructed, but still only one unit. It will come at the desent price of 800£.
The Lego rumours were true then :shok:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
My brothers fiancées best friends 4th grade teachers sheep shearers cousin works at GW HQ in Australia
Not any more I don't :p

Fluff revelation: The Big E is actually a Genestealer Patriarch and the Machine God has the clap.
There we see the truth emerging. :laugh:

·
Registered
136 Posts
As for close combat, there is a similar rule to the "FPS Doug" rule but its called the "Die Hard". If you roll a 6 to hit then a 6 to wound with the same dice, its ID and you must yell "YIPPIE KI YAY MOTHER FUCKER" or "YIPPIE KI YAY MOFO" for those who do not like cursing. This rule over rides the "Eternal Warrior" rule, because no one can survive a full on solider wielding a CC weapon screaming that.
all models have ID with a roll of a 6 with their guns to represent a "head shot" its call the "FPS Doug" rule, it only works if the player yells "BOOM HEAD-SHOT!" with the rolls of a 6.
Confirmed! My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate is a GW store owner and she got to try the new rule but in the american version it's called the "FTW" rule ('For The Win' for those who aren't 'hip'). He also mentioned a new "YOLO" special rule, that states that if you role a 6 for charge distance you must immediately yell "YOLO" and fire your weapons into the air and on a 4+ you hit yourselves with no save of any kind allowed because it counts as a "head shot".

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have heard about a new specific tournament rule that states if you grow a twatty style beard & wear a gillet to said tournament you get to make up the rules as you go in each game

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just heard a rumour from the manager at the local halfords (apparently he is really close with GW dev team), it's not entirely confirmed but 99% certain it's true.

All codexes will be free from May 24th, but will only be available on itunes. Once downloaded you get the HQ and troops section for free, and then you can pay to unlock additional units through itunes. You can also use 'Games Workshop Gelt' to unlock units, which are earned whenever you order models & hobby supplies from the official webstore.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts