Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here is what I have.. A chimera, 2 sentinals, 4 heavy wepons squads and a bunch of troops 4 w/ flamers, 5 w/ GL and 7 with clsoe combat wepons and guns... I'm new to IG and really have no idea were to start. I would love some advice on a basic IG army with what I have so I can learn the army. Make the list you would feild with whats pictured.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow looks like I'm not going to get any help on this one... I don't know if I should be using combat squads or platoons or what?... I know what the codex says but I don't know what works best in a real game situation?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If all you want to do is just have a decent list to start playing so you can learn, then that's simple. Just make sure you have the requirments (HQ/troop choices). So have a CCS, take two vet teams and stick one in the chimera with possibly some meltas (if you have them with melta's) and the other vet team can be your "gunline" (yes, it wont be much of a gun line but you can stick a few hvy weps in there and make them dangerous), use your sentinals as your flankers, and that should get you started playing. More importantly, it'll get you started learning. Then when you feel comfortable, you'll be able to trim the list to what you want it to be. What suits your style of play. Another good thing to do is to read through the list's posted in this IG forum. That'll be a great way for you to see how others are building their army's.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
right, after looking at the pics, the best i can come up with is as follows:
CCS with commander, 2 plasma guns, 2 GL's
Vet squad 3 flamers in Chimira
vet squad 3 GL
vet squad sniper, las cannon
armoured sents as fast attack

thats basicly it, if you can get hold of more special weapons like plasma and melta guns, you can give the vets better options

·
Registered
7 Posts
what are the Heavy weapons teams? looks like las cannon, Missile launcher, and 2 heavy bolters. im blind correct me if im wrong.

What id go with from what i it seems you have is as follows

Company Command Squad
X4 grenade launchers
Vox

Platoon Command Squad
X2 or 4 special weapons - whatever you can muster
vox

Ifantry squad 1 (combine squad 1 and 2)
Comissar
vox
Grenade launcher
Heavy Bolter (Auto cannonpreferably)

Infantry squad 2
Grenade Launcher (when you get a sixth or convert one)
Heavy bolter (autocannon preferably)

Infantry squad 3 (combine squads 3 and 4)
Commissar
Special weapon - what ever you can muster

Infantry squad 4
Special weapon - what ever you can muster

Vet squad 1
X3 melta guns (convert 3 of the flamers into them *easy*)
Chimera

x2 Armoured Sentinals
Plasma cannons

The idea here is CCS, PCS, and the combined squads 3/4 move up. Vets in Chimera tank hunt if needed. Sentinels either out flank or move up with troops.

Squads 1/2 pop transports and kill infantry. As you can see I didn't use two of your heavy weapons teams. You need to make one more maybe with the hunter killer missle from the chimera sprue if you got it. Then you have a Heavy weapons team of three.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
i agree with loki1416 just play with wat ou got and a list will come to you if not then look for advice:headbutt:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts