Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, been toying around some. Considering Strongly the addition of some tanks. Thoughts?

Primary Detachment: Blood Angels

HQ:
*Librarian---Shield/Sword powers, Power Sword

Elites:
*Terminators---Cyclone Missile Launcher, Land Raider Redeemer
*Sanguinary Priests---JP/PS, Corbulo (Corbs goes with Termies, other Priest with Flamer RAS)

Troops:
*10 Man RAS---2xFlamers, 2xLightning Claws (I know it's rather expensive, but this or a thunderhammer would be great in my meta)
*10 Man RAS---2x MGs
*10 Man TAC---MG, MM, Drop Pod

Heavy Support:
*AutoLas Pred
*AutoLas Pred

Allied Detatchment: White Scars

HQ:
*Captain---AA, Bike, Teeth of Terra

Troops:
*5 Man Bike Squad---2x Grav Guns

Majorian

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
2xLightning Claws (I know it's rather expensive, but this or a thunderhammer would be great in my meta)
One LC out preforms a PS without the extra attack due to Shred if the maths are remembered correctly. I would move this guy's other LC to the second RAS sergeant to spread out the love.

Aside from Concussive (which I find really matter most against MCs), what's the point of spending the extra 5 points on a TH over a PF?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would move this guy's other LC to the second RAS sergeant to spread out the love.

Aside from Concussive (which I find really matter most against MCs), what's the point of spending the extra 5 points on a TH over a PF?
Thanks for the quick response!

I had originally considered splitting the claws, but I have no real aversion to splitting the claws. As for the Thunderhammer, well it could very well piss of some Imperial Knights players. It's not as awesome without hammerhand though. Managed to trade a GKSS for a nasty Imperial Knight!

Other than that, how do you feel about the list.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Managed to trade a GKSS for a nasty Imperial Knight!
Sick dude! I kinda really want one, but I also want to wait for more weapon options. Are there more options in the Codex for them?

Other than that, how do you feel about the list.
List is solid looking to me man, though that 10 man Tactical squad in a DP is pretty lonely and the MM will be firing Snap Shots as it disembarks. I think I'd rather use either Death Company with Bolters (which would require a bit of list adjusting) or another MG equipped RAS in their place.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think there are other options in the codex; can't find the source, but supposedly ForgeWorld is working on some things---including other chassis.

I have been wanting to play my DC/expand my DC, but I'll probably use some RAS in the meantime.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I think there are other options in the codex; can't find the source, but supposedly ForgeWorld is working on some things---including other chassis.
Care to extrapolate on that?

I have been wanting to play my DC/expand my DC, but I'll probably use some RAS in the meantime.
I use a Tactical squad in smaller games in a Drop Pod, but it's in conjunction with other Pods coming in. Even taking 5 DC and a Chaplain in a Pod is 235, the same as a 10 man RAS with 2x MGs and a PF.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Care to extrapolate on that?

Even taking 5 DC and a Chaplain in a Pod is 235

I don't have a codex, but iirc from the guy I played he said there's an option for a powerfist. ForgeWorld did put out some statement about Knights in their upcoming HH books.

I'm probably gonna run the Tac squad in the pod for the meanwhile. I've got enough in my "to finish" pile as it is.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I don't have a codex, but iirc from the guy I played he said there's an option for a powerfist.
Indeed.....I will need to secure a copy of this codex.

I'm probably gonna run the Tac squad in the pod for the meanwhile. I've got enough in my "to finish" pile as it is.
I'm sure they'll fare you well! I really want to see Tactical squads get the ability to take special/heavy weapons at less than ten members when the new Codex is eventually released. Wait....unless it's because they're painted or you don't have the models.....why not play them as White Scars and save some points? You can still use the same weapons, the squad would be 15 points less. You could upgrade to a Grav-Gun in the Tactical squad, add in the Thunder Hammer you wanted...little nudges.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indeed.....I will need to secure a copy of this codex.

....unless it's because they're painted or you don't have the models......

Honestly, I wish the Knights weren't so top heavy. At titan scale it somehow works for me, but on the Knights it's just kinda goofy and comedic to me. Maybe if ForgeWorld makes one with arms that are less reminiscent of a T-Rex, I might be more intrigued. That is, after (if) I get my dreadnought drop pod cause for some reason I really like the idea of painting some Blood Angels/head canon company iconography on the panels. That and something about the fact it's to scale with the Dred.

And actually, these Tacs are painted up, actually some of the first models I got when I picked up the Battleforce. I requisitioned the rhino for my GKs though. Had already considered stripping them, but excluding the heavy weapon model, they're all pretty decent looking/nostalgia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts